Where Will ISU End Up if the Big 12 Implodes?

Where Will ISU End Up If the Big 12 Implodes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
At the very least Rutgers allowed the big 10 to completely own the NY and NJ recruiting grounds which was part of the plan. It's easier for Big 10 schools to get players from there.

Id like to see the All-Big 10 first and second team player list from NY/NJ since the conference added Rutger and MD.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Anyone else agree Brodie is an absolute loser? Get off the Cyclone message board and go enjoy your Saturday. We get it you think your Hawks are great!
Agree...he thinks he has all the answers and he doesn't really even know the questions yet.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Id like to see the All-Big 10 first and second team player list from NY/NJ since the conference added Rutger and MD.

I think you're missing the point. While obviously it has zero effect on Ohio State and Michigan, if you're Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, etc., a staff can sell the idea of being able to play games back home. Not that it alone would be the reason to land a recruit, but if they're on the fence between a B1G school and someone else, it certainly would weigh on the decision.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think you're missing the point. While obviously it has zero effect on Ohio State and Michigan, if you're Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, etc., a staff can sell the idea of being able to play games back home. Not that it alone would be the reason to land a recruit, but if they're on the fence between a B1G school and someone else, it certainly would weigh on the decision.

Again. Make your point. How many starters on those teams outside of UM and tOSU? I’ll even let you break it down that far.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In reality there are about 6-10 high D1 prospects in Iowa every year. Another 5-6 that have local D1 offers. Are you really trying to tell me Iowa has better h.s. football than NJ?
No. Just showing you that the state of Iowa does produce more than just 5 D1 football players every year as you just stated.

Just bc a kid goes to ISU or Iowa doesn’t make them a non D1 player. Might as well throw out every single NJ player that picks Rutgers then.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Do you think OK and TX in the B12 impacts how we recruit the midwest? We're doing fine finding players in other people's backyards and it's quite evident our coaching staff can coach them way up.
Campbell has moved away from recruiting Texas, and I don't thing we were ever much of a presents in Oklahoma. The current recruiting is more in the Midwest and maintaining our ties to Florida and neighboring states. Our current roster has only 4 players from Texas and 10 from Florida.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
So because the Big Ten isnt immediately able to top the OU and Texas move that took everyone by surprise they should just sit on their ass and do nothing?? God forbid the SEC mock the Big Tens next move/s.

Thank God you weren't calling the shots when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. You would have sat in a corner and cried like a freaking girl. Well we cant counter bigger than that right now so lets just freaking quit. No we fought and clawed and won smaller battles until we eventually ended it with the atomic bomb and won the war.

The Big Ten may have to scratch and claw and win a lot of smaller battles to keep pace and eventually be able to put themselves in a position to be the superior conference and win the war.
ForeverIowan, I like your spirit.

Programs that match UT and OU’s brands are not coming available anytime soon for the B1G or Pac 12. Why not be opportunistic and pick up some solid programs while they are available at a “bargain price”?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
At the very least Rutgers allowed the big 10 to completely own the NY and NJ recruiting grounds which was part of the plan. It's easier for Big 10 schools to get players from there.
Big 10 schools had been recruiting NJ for years, from Penn State to Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Again. Make your point. How many starters on those teams outside of UM and tOSU? I’ll even let you break it down that far.

The point is that it helps recruiting for schools that are not Ohio State or Michigan or Penn State. It is assumed that a university is going to bring in the best players they possibly can. Whether they are starters or all conference is irrelevant. It isn't complicated.