Izaiah Brockington commits

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is cool, but maybe I'm missing something here. Looking purely at statistics, he's a little bigger, little worse shooting Rasir Bolton? Their stats are near identical. I've admittedly never watched a Penn State game, so does he have a specific type of impact on games?

Better handle, far better passer.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Remember when half the people on this site were pissed we hired TJ? That was fun

There are still two for sure that are pissed. Amazing how they have been conspicuously absent with all the good news coming down. Definitely a tough day for Jonas and his female cohort.

Reactions: JBone84

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I was a total douche about it. Fantastic job by him. I said he needed to replace basically everyone and he’s done it.

That said, probably sooner rather than later I’ll be a douche again so don’t get used to this.

You aren’t a douche because you actually come to these threads and are excited. The two founding members of the lol TJ band are nowhere to be found.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
It seems the transfers are a solid group. Impressive work by the staff. However, last year there were similar excitement about JJ, Harris, and JCL. Plus what seemed to be a good freshman group, capped by the XF coup. What I'm most excited about is getting Hunter, Lipsey, and King. The roster is set up for long term success.

Now we wait, because recruiting will only get so far. Coaching will determine results.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just looked at the scholarship chart. Shows one open with Lipsey and King already listed next year which makes sense with Kalscheur the only senior listed taking advantage of the extra year as he's stated he wants to be here for two.

Of the other 3, I think Conditt/Jones would be an either/or backing up Foster. Johnson IMO is on the outside looking in on the rotation. So he likely wouldn't return unless he took someone's spot, regardless their would be a departure. Brockington will be a 5th year guy so odds are he's here for only one.

Guessing we'll add a wing/forward such as Karaban and a big which would sit us at one over which seems like a safe place to be in today's climate.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It seems the transfers are a solid group. Impressive work by the staff. However, last year there were similar excitement about JJ, Harris, and JCL. Plus what seemed to be a good freshman group, capped by the XF coup. What I'm most excited about is getting Hunter, Lipsey, and King. The roster is set up for long term success.

Now we wait, because recruiting will only get so far. Coaching will determine results.

Absolutely. And hoping that they're allowed a full off-season to gel will be very important. In fact, that could be the sorry of the season across the country with all the transfers happening.

Also, we're all going to need to be patient and keep expectations in check. New coach, more new faces than returning, and guys coming back from injuries will likely cause some early head scratchers.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
The best part is he can now go all in on 2022 and 2023 recruits.

I think that was the plan. You will have transfers out of the program but you can maybe skip a year ‘22 (after our two kids plus Karaban) and hit the trail on even footing in ‘23

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

The ability to foster culture with all these guys will be the key

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
What i truly love about what this staff has done...Is you can take the 5 probably bench players on this years team and that team might beat last years starting 5..

Walker
Grill
Enaruna or JJ
Kunk
Conditt

vs

Bolton
Tre
JCL
SY
JJ

That game would be close..lol. Ok last year's team starters might win but it would be darn close.

The depth TJ has put together for this years team is leaps and bounds better.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
What i truly love about what this staff has done...Is you can take the 5 probably bench players on this years team and that team might beat last years starting 5..

Walker
Grill
Enaruna or JJ
Kunk
Conditt

vs

Bolton
Tre
JCL
SY
JJ

That game would be close..lol. Ok last year's team starters might win but it would be darn close.

The depth TJ has put together for this years team is leaps and bounds better.

If you factor in coaching, this years next 5 likely beat last years top 5.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I don't follow Penn St but just looking at his game splits he had some of his best games early in the year against extremely tough NCAA tourney teams like Virginia Tech, Michigan, and Illinois.. then kind of dropped off in February.

I wonder if it took him some time to get back into a groove after thier Covid pause.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10