Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Idk why but I’m feeling good about Brockington. I noticed Iowa state is offering/reaching out to less and less transfers which makes me think TJ is feeling optimistic we’ll get him. But could also just be the talent pool is drying up significantly and if we don’t get Brockington, TJ just banks the scholarship for later
I hate to say it but we might have the least chance on Brockington of the remaining 4 teams. I think I read tonight that he would likely start at Arkansas, BYU has an immediate need for him, not sure about Wake F.

If TJ is able to get him to Ames it will have been a marvelous recruiting job.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyPunch

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I hate to say it but we might have the least chance on Brockington of the remaining 4 teams. I think I read tonight that he would likely start at Arkansas, BYU has an immediate need for him, not sure about Wake F.

If TJ is able to get him to Ames it will have been a marvelous recruiting job.

If Arkansas is promising a starter role, that's going to be tough to beat out.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
If Arkansas is promising a starter role, that's going to be tough to beat out.

Looks like he would be coming off the bench there. Here's an article with a breakdown of what each of the four schools have to offer:

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Looks like he would be coming off the bench there. Here's an article with a breakdown of what each of the four schools have to offer:

I think the only place he doesn't start is Arkansas. But I don't know what he wants in a team. Does he want tons of minutes and to be a guaranteed starter? Is winning more important? Is his relationship with coaches most important? Will be interesting to see. Hope ISU can land him!

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Would Gabe and Izaiah both start?

Hunter
Gabe
Izaiah
Enaruna or Jaz or Hinson or Foster
Foster or Conditt

Not exactly thrilled of the thought of 2 combo guards that both have recently struggled to shoot 3's in the same starting lineup

I'd rather have

Hunter
Kalscheur
Hinson
Jaz
Foster

That's a lineup with A LOT of defensive flexibility and all five spots can shoot. 3 of those spots are taken by either large bodies or players who rebound well

That last scholarship, in my opinion would be better used on a bench 3 point sniper or waiting for a monstor prospect later to randomly emerge

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Hunter
Gabe
Izaiah
Foster or Conditt

Not exactly thrilled of the thought of 2 combo guards that both have recently struggled to shoot 3's in the same starting lineup

I'd rather have

Hunter
Kalscheur
Hinson
Jaz
Foster

That's a lineup with A LOT of defensive flexibility and all five spots can shoot. 3 of those spots are taken by either large bodies or players who rebound well

That last scholarship, in my opinion would be better used on a bench 3 point sniper or waiting for a monstor prospect later to randomly emerge
You nailed exactly why I couldn't care less if we get Brockington or not.

Reactions: Aclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think the only place he doesn't start is Arkansas. But I don't know what he wants in a team. Does he want tons of minutes and to be a guaranteed starter? Is winning more important? Is his relationship with coaches most important? Will be interesting to see. Hope ISU can land him!

Hard to say exactly what he wants the most the next 2 years.
ISU being in his final 4 means he's liking the plan TJ has discussed with him.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM

Hunter
Gabe
Izaiah
Foster or Conditt

I'd rather have

Hunter
Kalscheur
Hinson
Jaz
Foster

you dont have to be thrilled but Brockington will be coming here to start, not come off the bench...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
this whole covid do over year is messing with my ability to figure out what grade people are in
Know what makes it even better?

If, like with football, “super seniors” don’t count against the roster limit in ‘21-‘22—but they do in ‘22-‘23.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Know what makes it even better?

If, like with football, “super seniors” don’t count against the roster limit in ‘21-‘22—but they do in ‘22-‘23.
Interdesting (sic). Kind of a way to phase it out I suppose.