Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
He might be a great walk on candidate. We don’t get any other players , throw him on scholarship for a year. Seems like he would love to play for the Clones even as a walkon
Something tells me a guy like that, that has played on a National Championship level (D2), and has been a leader in minutes played, and points scored, does not want to ride the bench anywhere as a walk on.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Something tells me a guy like that, that has played on a National Championship level (D2), and has been a leader in minutes played, and points scored, does not want to ride the bench anywhere as a walk on.

Possible you are right. Them again he might just want one season with his dream school and might see this as his chance to get some playing time until TJ settles down on a rotation. I mean a lot of kids who grew up Clone fans would love that chance.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Possible you are right. Them again he might just want one season with his dream school and might see this as his chance to get some playing time until TJ settles down on a rotation. I mean a lot of kids who grew up Clone fans would love that chance.
I think you’re underestimating the amount of interest he will get from other D1 schools.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I like Baker's game. According to Chris' comments. The staff is targeting an off guard now. Baker is the same position as Jaz, Hinson, Johnson and Enaruna.
I like Baker a lot also but some unknowns about him and whoever gets him will have to give him time to develop. Right now it kind of seems to me that his defense is pretty non-existent. But like I said he is only a freshman. He does appear to be a very good shooter. Being a shooter only won't get you a ton of minutes if you can't play defense. Somebody who takes him and waits for him to develop, will likely get a pretty good player.

We still need a guard backup, a solid player when he comes in for the 2/3, IMO. It looks like the staff is maybe leaning that way also?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Is it bad my first thought was Chumlee?
10162646_web1_chumleelapbandweb.jpg

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Anyone know if we're showing any interest in Kaluma? Or is it just Baker and Hawkins at this point?

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Anyone know if we're showing any interest in Kaluma? Or is it just Baker and Hawkins at this point?
Go to the premium board if you wanna hear about Kaluma. We haven’t shown any interest in Hawkins, was just a name the board floated out there because he’s an Iowa state fan. And I think Baker was in the same boat as just a name the board floated out there. Iziah Brockington is a guard from Penn State we have contacted.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Go to the premium board if you wanna hear about Kaluma. We haven’t shown any interest in Hawkins, was just a name the board floated out there because he’s an Iowa state fan. And I think Baker was in the same boat as just a name the board floated out there. Iziah Brockington is a guard from Penn State we have contacted.

Blink twice if things are looking good with Kaluma...

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Any word on how exactly we stand?

Havent heard but that's a tough list: ties to a coach at Wake Forest (I think I read), Arkansas (new transfer U, NBA coach), not sure if ties to BYU, and then of course, ISU, (the best place on earth to be!)

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Havent heard but that's a tough list: ties to a coach at Wake Forest (I think I read), Arkansas (new transfer U, NBA coach), not sure if ties to BYU, and then of course, ISU, (the best place on earth to be!)

Probably will come down to starting/playing time. What does Arkansas return for guards?

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
If we get Bockington that is another guard who struggles with his shooting. I'm not saying we shouldn't take him but it will be interesting to see how our offenses progresses taking into account these numbers from our guys in their most reason seasons:

• Kalscheur- 25% from 3 on 5.2 attempts per game
  • Jackson- 27% from 3 on 4.1 attempts per game
  • Walker- 29% from 3 on 1 attempt per game
  • Kunc- 34% from 3 on 2.7 attempts per game
  • Enaruna- 23% from 3 on 1 attempt per game
  • Hinson- 32% from 3 on 5 attempts per game
  • Johnston- 27% from 3 on 4.5 attempts per game
  • Grill- 34% from 3 on 6 attempts per game

At least Hunter and Foster should be capable shooters.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If we get Bockington that is another guard who struggles with his shooting. I'm not saying we shouldn't take him but it will be interesting to see how our offenses progresses taking into account these numbers from our guys in their most reason seasons:

Under Hoiberg, we were spoiled with so many good shooters for so long that we started to forget what it was like to not have them. Boy do we know what its like to not have them now.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

Yeah that doesn't look pretty. Also, I wouldn't say Hunter is known as a shooter.

• Agree
Reactions: tyler24