Hunter Reaffirms Commitment

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Be careful throwing that name out around here....

He's a high floor type guy as a back up point guard, but I'm not sure he gives you much more upside than Walker or Grill. Fantasy land, I'd like a guy that is good enough to start whether he's the guy running the offense, or plays off the ball.
Noted. Someone like him. As far as Buggs specifically, I think he was a starter for Mizzou 1-2 years ago, might be wrong on that. A higher ceiling guy might be nice but is one available to come in and not be the starter?

Luckily I am not the guy making any recruiting decisions.

Reactions: WastedTalent

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Monte was pretty good. This cat (#11) wasn't too bad either!
One thing that Tyrese H. and Tamin L. might want to focus on as PG's and eventually making it to the League. What is one thing that can set me apart from the other 6-1 PG's? Be an elite handle/passing/assist-guy? Monte has/had it (though 6'3"), Jamaal had it. Both were elite playmakers for others. Both had, or are having, nice NBA careers!

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Noted. Someone like him. As far as Buggs specifically, I think he was a starter for Mizzou 1-2 years ago, might be wrong on that. A higher ceiling guy might be nice but is one available to come in and not be the starter?

Buggs transferred to MU from Hawaii before last season. He had ISU on his list before chosing them. Obviosly, we were desperate for a living, breathing PG at the time.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

Buggs transferred to MU from Hawaii before last season. He had ISU on his list before chosing them. Obviosly, we were desperate for a living, breathing PG at the time.

I believe Buggs has ISU ties but the rumor last time was he only wanted to come if he was guaranteed a starter role and major minutes. That isn't going to happen. Plus, he is not a very good shooter from reports.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
That’s another blunder by Steve Phrom bringing the second highest recruit off the bench after healing up from his injury his sophomore season! Always wondered about that decision!

The three guys who started ahead of him are in the NBA and lindell is G-league, so maybe prohm had the talent assessment correct