***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Know nothing about Ellis and his game. Does everyone think its more about following Shaka or more about Beard coming in and re-evaluating and parting ways?
I imagine he isn’t some Texas fan so he’s probably just doing it because Of Shaka. I’d guess Joplin does the same

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
No. We passed on McKinley Wright to pursue the commitment of Darius McNeil.
You are mostly correct. The staff preferred McNeil to Wright. However, when McNeil committed, we continued to recruit Wright but he was being long-played and it was only as a backup plan in case Wigginton didn't commit. Wright's offer wasn't pulled until Wigginton was ready to commit.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You are mostly correct. The staff preferred McNeil to Wright. However, when McNeil committed, we continued to recruit Wright but he was being long-played and it was only as a backup plan in case Wigginton didn't commit. Wright's offer wasn't pulled until Wigginton was ready to commit.

We were never a player for Wright after he wasn’t allowed to commit in the summer of 2016. LW didn’t commit until October of 2016. Wright committed to Dayton in September well before LW committed to us. And he was pissed that we slow played him.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I watched Ellis in the State Tournament. I don’t think there was enough talent around him to see what his game will be in college.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We were never a player for Wright after he wasn’t allowed to commit in the summer of 2016. LW didn’t commit until October of 2016. Wright committed to Dayton in September well before LW committed to us. And he was pissed that we slow played him.
I will agree with that assessment. Good dialogue and detail. I actually feel a bit more intelligent after this. However, I'm not sure that I can go much lower on the intelligence scale.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Seems like Cal has had alot of these high profile PG recruits come in and not do well. Askew, Hagans, Quade Green, Briscoe,
Seems like it is happening other schools as well and at other positions. Fletcher left UK because of playing time. Terrence Clarke basically just quit midseason for them and you had something similar at Duke with Johnson.
I think part of it is these 5 stars all come in expecting to be dominate like they were in HS and are expecting just a quick stop in college before the NBA. The expectations seem to be out of control for these kids.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz