ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
I’m not trying to be a jerk- but I’ll be completely honest. I don’t buy into the whole ‘I root for iowa except when we play them’ nonsense.
I despise everything about the hawks and I hope they lose every game they play this year. I have been a Cyclone for too long and the arrogance, the superiority complex, the bandwagon fans...all of it, I can’t stand the hawks and I root for whomever is playing them every Saturday. That may seem petty- but that’s how it is and I know I’m not alone.

I hope we earn our playoff spot straight-up...if we get into a strength of schedule contest for a playoff spot with a blue blood, we all know how that will end up. Let’s run the table and put the debate to bed.
I am the exact same way so I completely respect that.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
sort on SOS.....

6 of the top 10 are B12 teams
All 10 B12 teams in the top 17
Only one B10 team in the top 25 (neb who plays OU and tOSU)
tosu comes in with #53 sos... lower than Tulane (#51) who plays OU, Ole Miss and the American.
Yep we play 7 of the top 25 (6 B12 plus TOE). Wonder how that compares to Alabama or Clemson.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Ultimately I just want this team to meet and even exceed the expectations because of two things:

1. We as Cyclone fans, and the university as a whole deserves to have that magical season.
2. Seeing the rest of the country and blue bloods' fan bases melt down every week we show up in the top-4 would be so so satisfying. Seeing the Coastal Carolina fans freak out on social media every week during the CFP Rankings last year was amazing.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
But we’ve got the talent and experience.

I must have watched too much college basketball this winter because I read this and thought:

0.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think we spank UNI this year. Once in awhile we do beat them soundly and I think this will be one of those years. I also think we take care of Iowa. F#%?ing Nate Stanley just had our number. We always made enough mistskes to let that guy rally to beat us. But I don’t see it this year.

The other monkey we have to get off our back is Okie State. Man the last three games in Ames have been painful losses.

I've attended three UNI games in person this spring. They are not good on offense. I'm predicting a shut out of them.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Yep we play 7 of the top 25 (6 B12 plus TOE). Wonder how that compares to Alabama or Clemson.
I heard ISU schedule is #6. Hoks schedule is likely in the 65-80 range.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
ESPN say we have a pretty decent chance to make playoffs and a small one for National Championship. Guess we gonna have to cheer like hell every game we can (esp. home), we cannot let the team down!!!!!!!:jimlad::jimlad: Those other teams have stadiums probably 30-40 thousand larger than ours, so we each have to double our output!! :oops:

Edit: looked up Clemson, their only 81,000, so we ought to be able to outdo them.

Last edited:

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Wonder if we find a way to trip over our own cleats and lose to Iowa and/or UNI or if Campbell finally figures out how to have a team start the season with a killer instinct? I’m excited as heck, but the start of every season the past five years has been butt ugly.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Wild....seeing us start as a playoff contender....like I would normally say "hope we start in top 25 so if we take care of business, we have a chance"
The playoffs are ours to lose....wow

Bring on everyone's best shot as we won't be underdogs....bring the swagger and confidence, but also fundamentals

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
If the reports about spring workouts are true, this might be a lot less of a problem this year.
Yep....and they have developed a culture of they believe they belong. Bring on Hunter Dekkers in the third quarter vs UNI!

Reactions: frackincygy

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I understand the hand wringing about the slow starts to the season, but Campbell has gotten over a hump in basically every season at ISU. Season 1 was being competitive, season 2 was finding ways to win, season 3 was handling expectations, season 4 was perhaps a reset/realization of what was needed to compete for a Big 12 title, and season 5 was the culmination of competing for championships. Season 6 would seem to be where it all comes together. Matt figured out how to keep the team fresh to finish the season last year. Now with all of the returning talent, there should be no reason they can’t figure out how to be sharp in September.