Gabe Kalscheur Commits

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He's definitely starter material. Definitely a needle mover. Averaging 10ppg in a big conference, being a good defender, and a team captain is a needle mover.

Eh...I just think he's on par with JCL and Bolton, more Robin that Batman. He'll look like a better signing if he's a 2nd/3rd type of option. If the staff can find at least another starter with the last two spots, GK will be a really nice fit.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
First people don’t like the Denver guy averaging 9pts in the Summit, we get a guy that was an all B1G level defender, 9+ ppg over 3 years, team captain, and he doesn’t move the needle? This is could be shayok level leadership and defense we could be getting with some new coaching...
Some people just won’t be happy unless we reload with a Blue Blood transfer averaging 25 and 10.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Some people just won’t be happy unless we reload with a Blue Blood transfer averaging 25 and 10.

Well.... we didn't conduct a true "coaching search", and hired a guy nobody else would have hired because he was good friends with our AD.... so there's a LOT of pressure on TJ to be good right out of the box I'm afraid. JP created that pressure, not us.

I want TJ to succeed big time.... I'm rooting for him like crazy.... but he does have a ton of pressure on him due to the circumstances of his hire.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This was the first thing I thought of

5f31ea4648aee.preview.jpg

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Well.... we didn't conduct a true "coaching search", and hired a guy nobody else would have hired because he was good friends with our AD.... so there's a LOT of pressure on TJ to be good right out of the box I'm afraid. JP created that pressure, not us.

I want TJ to succeed big time.... I'm rooting for him like crazy.... but he does have a ton of pressure on him due to the circumstances of his hire.
Pressure from whom (who? whomst? I dunno, I'm dumb). If he loses a few unreasonable message board fans, I don't think anyone will blink an eye. But maybe you're a big donor that the school can't afford to lose...I guess I'll guess that's not the case. Be well.

Edit: Sorry, I know I'm being a ****, woken up too early this morning. I just think there's a clear picture of what he's trying to build and there's no way we were making the tourney with Prohm (or anyone else for that matter next year) so I'm a little lost on some of the comments.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020

There’s no pressure to be good right away. There was a major mistake made 6 years ago and most people realize it.

Reactions: JCloned

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
At least 2 cults involved. Perhaps more. I'm surprised you haven't started the Pants Cult (or have you?)
I don’t know if I’d put “don’t agree with the hire and some of the moves, but hoping for the best next season” and “you’re not allowed to question a single move TJ makes because he’s the head coach and you’re not a true cyclone if you do” on the same level of playing field.

FWIW, I actually like this pick up. Probably the first roster change he’s made that I agree with.