Darian DeVries

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Drake better make the NCAA tourney. They keep losing their best players and yet keep winning. I feel like their NET is high enough they can absorb a loss or two.

Reactions: Nihawk

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Drake better make the NCAA tourney. They keep losing their best players and yet keep winning. I feel like their NET is high enough they can absorb a loss or two.

I only think Drake can have one more loss and that would have to be to Loyola in the conference tournament final.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Drake's non-con schedule is in the 300s. They can only take a Loyola loss.

Also, the Valley changed up the tiebreaker for this season only because they were worried about not getting all the games in. Best conference win comes before the NET for this year and since Drake swept 4th place Indiana State and Loyola split with them, Drake is the 1 if they both win today.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I only think Drake can have one more loss and that would have to be to Loyola in the conference tournament final.
The committee has to take injuries into account also. That's pure robbery if they hold a loss against them missing Hemphill and Penn both.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
In my opinion if Drake wins today and in the tourney quarterfinals they are in the NCAAs (if they lose either they are in trouble). If they make the finals they are probably a 10 seed.

Reactions: GoHawks

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I agree they deserve to be in the tourney if they get in who knows.

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
Loyola-SIU currently in overtime. Drake currently trailing to Bradley. A Drake win or Loyola loss clinches a share of the MVC title for Drake

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If Drake loses to Bradley they have to win the mvc tourney or at worse get to the finals but I don't think even that will save them.

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
Shocking finish to the regular season. Drake loses and Loyola wins the Missouri Valley outright. Bulldogs will likely need to win the conference tournament to make the NCAAs

• Sad
Reactions: NWICY

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
So now Drake, down 2 starters and among their best players, has to win the conference tournament. If so, Loyola gets an at-large big.

Reactions: cincinnaticyclone

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
So now Drake, down 2 starters and among their best players, has to win the conference tournament. If so, Loyola gets an at-large big.
I think Loyola could lose first round and still make the tournament. Drake has to find some offense between now and next week because they looked totally lost today.

• Informative
Reactions: NENick

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not sure if the Drake coach is the best choice. Maybe we need to look at a former Cyclone like Jeff Hornacek first. I know he didn't set the NBA on fire, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't succeed at ISU.

• Haha
Reactions: mplueg

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
Not sure if the Drake coach is the best choice. Maybe we need to look at a former Cyclone like Jeff Hornacek first. I know he didn't set the NBA on fire, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't succeed at ISU.
A few years ago at a football gameI sat next to jim hallihan who told me that hornacek wanted the job when hoiberg got it. said hornacek was disappointed but understood why fred got it. also got to say i had a great time talking to jim during the game. afterwards my son asked me who he was so i told him and my son said i acted like a kid in a candy store

Reactions: NENick