Another female teacher incident

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I find this one a bit more interesting simply from the fact that I get why schools have rules about engaging in acts with students and why it absolutely should be a fireable and in most cases illegal offense, but in this instance, the woman doesn't seem that much removed from college and the kid was 18 years old (legally an adult). Should it really be grouped with and dealt with as harsh as all the others? Shoot, this woman is facing all felony charges with penalties up to 20 years. I could be wrong, but I tend to look at these instances as a much more minor offense, and shouldn't be illegal. Sure, fire her and don't even let her teach again, but prison time? I'd be curious other people's thoughts.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 83cy and isutrevman

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I find this one a bit more interesting simply from the fact that I get why schools have rules about engaging in acts with students and why it absolutely should be a fireable and in most cases illegal offenses, but in this instance, the woman doesn't seem that much removed from college and the kid was 18 years old (legally an adult). Should it really be grouped with and dealt with as harsh as all the others? Shoot, this woman is facing all felony charges with penalties up to 20 years. I could be wrong, but I tend to look at these instances as a much more minor offense, and shouldn't be illegal. Sure, fire her and don't even let her teach again, but prison time? I'd be curious other people's thoughts.
The fact that the kid was 18 does add another layer to it.

Beerbrat

Aug 17, 2011
Minneapolis
I find this one a bit more interesting simply from the fact that I get why schools have rules about engaging in acts with students and why it absolutely should be a fireable and in most cases illegal offenses, but in this instance, the woman doesn't seem that much removed from college and the kid was 18 years old (legally an adult). Should it really be grouped with and dealt with as harsh as all the others? Shoot, this woman is facing all felony charges with penalties up to 20 years. I could be wrong, but I tend to look at these instances as a much more minor offense, and shouldn't be illegal. Sure, fire her and don't even let her teach again, but prison time? I'd be curious other people's thoughts.

I think the question comes up of when did the relationship really start? You also get into issues with grooming up to the age of 18, especially when the teacher sees them almost every day.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
29/2 + 7 = 21.5

18 is too young for her

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Not a teacher, but seems to fit here

She plans to continue operating her website, which reportedly makes up to $150,000 a month,
H O L Y s***. Yeah, I think she can afford another nice school. Definitely sucks for the kids though, they didn't do anything wrong.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I was just watching "To Catch a Predator" on youtube. This one dude get sentenced to 10 years and had no prior criminal history. All he did was show up to the house. These people actually followed through and are cutting deals for 1 year suspended sentences and stuff. It's such a bad double standard.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
H O L Y s***. Yeah, I think she can afford another nice school. Definitely sucks for the kids though, they didn't do anything wrong.

So curious. Why are they so for those kids to go to a catholic high school when everything about them is pretty much not catholic. I mean those kids have public school mom written all over them.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
So curious. Why are they so for those kids to go to a catholic high school when everything about them is pretty much not catholic. I mean those kids have public school mom written all over them.
Hell if I know, people are weird. They can definitely afford a private school, though. Hot damn.

Reactions: Drew0311