Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Beerbrat

Aug 17, 2011
Minneapolis
So I've listened to the Binge Mode podcast since the beginning (where they recapped GoT) and I've been huge fans of theirs since. They are currently recapping all of the Marvel movies. I just finished their second part on Endgame today, bringing the total podcast time just talking about Endgame to 5 hours. Literally. It's really fun to relive them though and Jason is a huge comics fan and they provide a lot of comics background on a lot of the stories. I'm having a ball. It's very irreverent and but they have a great time and there is a ton of NSFW jokes and stuff so I'd recommend not listening with the kiddos around but if you're interested in the deepest of dives into the MCU it's been fun.

Love me some Binge Mode. All of the series have been awesome. I especially enjoyed the Harry Potter one myself.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
A lot of earlier theories are confirmed in this episode. Can definitely see the end point here now.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and Die4Cy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So I've listened to the Binge Mode podcast since the beginning (where they recapped GoT) and I've been huge fans of theirs since. They are currently recapping all of the Marvel movies. I just finished their second part on Endgame today, bringing the total podcast time just talking about Endgame to 5 hours. Literally. It's really fun to relive them though and Jason is a huge comics fan and they provide a lot of comics background on a lot of the stories. I'm having a ball. It's very irreverent and but they have a great time and there is a ton of NSFW jokes and stuff so I'd recommend not listening with the kiddos around but if you're interested in the deepest of dives into the MCU it's been fun.

I would also endorse these if you haven’t checked them out. They got to feeling themselves a little much for me early on but they mellowed out. It’s good stuff and definitely a super deep dive. I’m not to end game yet but am excited for those.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
This will be the first episode with any end-credits scene correct, or have I missed something in a past episode?
Correct - this would be the first episode with an end-credits scene. I haven't watched the latest episode yet and just saw a headline and clicked away to avoid spoilers, so I have no idea how long the post-credits scene is.

Reactions: BuffettClone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Correct - this would be the first episode with an end-credits scene. I haven't watched the latest episode yet and just saw a headline and clicked away to avoid spoilers, so I have no idea how long the post-credits scene is.

Yes, there is a post-credit scene, or to be more accurate, mid-credits scene. Length-wise, it isn't that different to the typical movie post/mid credit scenes.

• Informative
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Alright...this is where I stop reading this thread until after I get home tonight and watch the new episode with my son! One thing I will say about WandaVision, I was not an Avengers watcher at all...but now that I started watching WandaVision with my 9 year old, I have really enjoyed learning about the characters and watching some of the films. I really enjoy this show and am already kind of sad that it will come to an end so soon! Anyway, I am promising myself that I won't check this thread again until later this evening!

Reactions: Aclone

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Very intriguing episode this week. As mentioned already, there are things confirmed and answered that many have speculated on, but to me it almost opened up some other thoughts that make the remaining few episodes of this season a potential roller coaster of a finish. That's all I will add at this time since many probably haven't seen it yet.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
As one who hasn't seen it and curses himself everytime he opens this thread today, I say a sincere thanks to all for some remarkable restraint on the spoilers.
Now to avoid the thread until sometime tomorrow.

I was also very appreciative of the lack of spoilers for the show since I waited until last weekend to get caught up. Honestly, it would have been hard to spoil much of anything until the last few episodes anyway.

IMO, it was much better to watch at least the first four episodes at once. My wife and daughter would probably have bailed had they watched the first or second episode and then had to wait a week. They are sold on it now.

Reactions: CycloneErik

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I was also very appreciative of the lack of spoilers for the show since I waited until last weekend to get caught up. Honestly, it would have been hard to spoil much of anything until the last few episodes anyway.

IMO, it was much better to watch at least the first four episodes at once. My wife and daughter would probably have bailed had they watched the first or second episode and then had to wait a week. They are sold on it now.

I agree. Tough to spoil this show since so much was up in the air. I skipped the credit scene but there is massive spoiler potential with this one. Just avoid social and this thread in case somebody can't control themselves here.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Reading through all the theories and possibilities and I can't wait for what's to come. I know we're just starting on the next phase of Marvel but with how well WandaVision has turned out I'm even more excited for what's to come. Until proven wrong I think Kevin Feige is going to continue to provide awesomeness.

It's so great to have the MCU back! One month to Falcon and Winter Soldier

Reactions: Qdog58

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Reading through all the theories and possibilities and I can't wait for what's to come. I know we're just starting on the next phase of Marvel but with how well WandaVision has turned out I'm even more excited for what's to come. Until proven wrong I think Kevin Feige is going to continue to provide awesomeness.

It's so great to have the MCU back! One month to Falcon and Winter Soldier

Yeah, I thought when they went for Infinity War that they weren't ever going to be able to hold a candle to that story. I need to learn to be patient, they know what they are doing!

Reactions: jctisu