What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Dubar, Jackson, Blackwell, Walker have shown absolute no signs that they will be high level Big 12 players at this point in their careers and we won't win many games with rhat as your foundation.

Of course things could be different but Prohm has shown no ability to make 4 year players better every year either. Solomon is the only guy to spend his career here and he looks exactly thr same as he did 5 years ago, only now he's developed some offense out of necessity.

If history is any indication none of the 4 freshman will even be here by their senior season let alone be the leaders of really good Big 12 team.

Foster is the only one with win/loss determining potential and id be shocked if he's here in 2 years.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Dubar, Jackson, Blackwell, Walker have shown absolute no signs that they will be high level Big 12 players at this point in their careers and we won't win many games with rhat as your foundation.

Of course things could be different but Prohm has shown no ability to make 4 year players better every year either. Solomon is the only guy to spend his career here and he looks exactly thr same as he did 5 years ago, only now he's developed some offense out of necessity.

If history is any indication none of the 4 freshman will even be here by their senior season let alone be the leaders of really good Big 12 team.

Foster is the only one with win/loss determining potential and id be shocked if he's here in 2 years.

None of us know this, they’ve had no preseason or have played significant minutes so far (minus Dubar and Jackson has been hurt most of the year), that’s why CSP should play them as much as possible this year to see if they can be a new core to build around moving forward.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

This is a sh!t post. Crapping on the young guys when they literally had no summer or pre season is something.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
None of us know this, they’ve had no preseason or have played significant minutes so far (minus Dubar and Jackson has been hurt most of the year), that’s why CSP should play them as much as possible this year to see if they can be a new core to build around moving forward.
You're right that nobody knows for sure. You could tell 2 weeks into their freshman seasons guys like Wigginton, Lard, THT, and Haliburton were top Big 12 talent that could win alot of games. I dont see that with this group at all just based off the eye test so far.

Prohm's record on development doesn't give me much hope either but I guess its possible.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is a sh!t post. Crapping on the young guys when they literally had no summer or pre season is something.

Just telling it like I see it. Other freshman are making an impact already across the country so your defense of Covid and the summer is kind of weak.

I think the most telling fact is none of them are making much of an impact at all or have minimal playing time on a horrible team.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Just to give everyone a fair shake here's my honest assessment after seeing all 4 of them.

Foster is a high level NBA talent that could be a player to build around if he can stay healthy.

Dubar is overmatched in the Big 12 as a freshman. I could see being a starter for 3 years and going for 9-6, but nothing that will turn a program around.

Blackwell is a project.

Walker is a 7th or 8th guy off the bench role player.

I honestly think this is what will cost Prohm his job this year. It would be one thing if he was losing with these freshman like the 17-18 team with Lindell and Lard but that's not what is going on here at all.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Just telling it like I see it. Other freshman are making an impact already across the country so your defense of Covid and the summer is kind of weak.

I think the most telling fact is none of them are making much of an impact at all or have minimal playing time on a horrible team.

It's actually the opposite. A lot of the young guys across the country are really struggling this year. Look at the teams that rely heavily on the one and dones. Things definitely need to improve but this has been a really weird season for a team that is trying to develop their young guys.

Reactions: Cat Stevens

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
It's actually the opposite. A lot of the young guys across the country are really struggling this year. Look at the teams that rely heavily on the one and dones. Things definitely need to improve but this has been a really weird season for a team that is trying to develop their young guys.
I think it might've been Blum on one of the CF podcasts but I heard somewhere that there is like 1 starting freshman on all the top 20 teams or something like that. It has been a weird year and teams that had a lot of experience and continuity have benefitted.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Fair enough, I dont think Prohm will be around long enough to see it through anyways so its kind of pointless to argue over it.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Lol. Fred is in year 2 at a historically terrible basketball school, and as you pointed out everyone is playing the transfer game now. His 2021 recruiting class has a 5 star recruit, a 4 star, and a 3 star and is ranked 45 spots above ours nationally.
To further expand on this. Success looks different at different schools. If Fred can win even one NCAA tournament game at Nebraska it will be their most successful season in 70 years since they tied for 1st in the big seven conference. Their only real succes in 70 years since is winning the NIT.. once.

Even back then they never won an NCAA tournament game.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I think it might've been Blum on one of the CF podcasts but I heard somewhere that there is like 1 starting freshman on all the top 20 teams or something like that.

i also heard this stat and its incorrect

Gonzaga - 1
Texas - 1
Michigan - 1
Illinois - 1
TTU - 1
Louisville - 2
Duke - 3

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Fair enough, I dont think Prohm will be around long enough to see it through anyways so its kind of pointless to argue over it.

Yeah I agree. Next year will be put up or shut up, that's for sure.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Gonzaga - 1
Texas - 1
Michigan - 1
Illinois - 1
TTU - 1
Louisville - 2
Duke - 3

The decider of that argument would be seeing what those numbers looked like, say, each of the past five years.

We have no way of knowing if the above is a low outlier or pretty typical.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
The decider of that argument would be seeing what those numbers looked like, say, each of the past five years.

Beat me to it! I was wondering how that compared to years past.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Just in general the teams that are playing at a high level are constructed with experience and upper classmen. It's not a good year to be young.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Gonzaga - 1
Texas - 1
Michigan - 1
Illinois - 1
TTU - 1
Louisville - 2
Duke - 3
Thanks for correcting that. It seemed a little crazy to me but I never took the time to double check.

Reactions: Messi

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I mean, sure. But that seems to just kind of gloss over the problem of recruiting multiple guys each year who can't play at a Big 12 level. I can understand the value in cutting bait on guys that won't contribute, but it just underscores the bigger problem of bringing in multiple guys each year that aren't Big 12 basketball players. It's exactly what has led us to the position we are in of trying to band-aid together a roster every year.

every coach brings in multiple players each year that aren’t big 12 (or make your conference) quality basketball players. That’s the nature of the beast when you bring in 3,4, or more recruits every year. I think we’re probably getting at the same point that ultimately what you need is talent but I’m of the opinion that coaches probably need atleast one middle of the pack player and one dude each year to compete for a league title. At a minimum, probably two players that are of the caliber that can play and hold their own and in either instance it could be through HS recruits, JCs or transfers.

I don’t think Prohm fails at bringing talent in, it’s his in game coaching and management that has failed him.

Help Support Us

Become a patron