Any Recruiting News?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Woah! Always a challenge to make the transition to folkstyle, but man those are some freestyle credentials right there. Looks like a physical specimen and if he's been wrestling U23 I'm guessing he's going to be significantly older than a lot of his peers on the college level if he's a 4-year guy. That's always going to be a benefit from a physical maturation standpoint. He's going to be a fun one to keep an eye on.
Yeah, getting out is usually a major weakness. Get decent at that and they are in great shape.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Wow... these are the kind of surprises that can make my week :)

However, I will be keeping my expectations low because of what happened with Anthony Echemendia.

Reactions: stuclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Wow... these are the kind of surprises that can make my week :)

However, I will be keeping my expectations low because of what happened with Anthony Echemendia.
I feel that way too. But are there different variables in place here? Is comparing those two apples to apples?

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Cody Goodwin’s article says he’s 21, took a gap year, and is a true freshman with 5 years to wrestle 4 seasons. I guess I’d be kind of surprised to see him here for 4 NCAA seasons, but we’ll see. Great addition for the lineup AND for the CRTC.

Oh, and Kyven tweeted that Bastida beat him 6-6 on criteria.

Reactions: CyDegen and JM4CY

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Yeah, getting out is usually a major weakness. Get decent at that and they are in great shape.
It looks like he projected to be 97kg for Cuba this year. I think his fastest route to making an impact would be at HWT. Not much mat wrestling going on at that weight. He could then drop down to 97kg for FS. Similar to what Snyder did. In any event they have to have a plan where both he and Schon are in the future lineup.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It looks like he projected to be 97kg for Cuba this year. I think his fastest route to making an impact would be at HWT. Not much mat wrestling going on at that weight. He could then drop down to 97kg for FS. Similar to what Snyder did. In any event they have to have a plan where both he and Schon are in the future lineup.
Better to have that problem than struggling to find a decent wrestler there.

Wonder what flipped the switch all of a sudden.

Reactions: Boxer007

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
All of a sudden, the future is looking pretty bright for Iowa State wrestling. We will be young for a couple years after this senior class graduates, but theres a lot of talent there and this staff excels at developing guys. Lot to look forward to with these lineups:

125- Ramazan, Kysen, Reeves, Cabanban
133- Ramazan, Knopick, Kysen
141- Gomez, Redding
149- Cam Robinson, Paniro Johnson
157- Cam Robinson
165- David Carr
174- Manny Rojas?
184- Broderson, Shapiro
197- Coleman, Bastida, Shapiro, Schon
Hwt- Duggan, Bastida, Schon, Greenlee

Lot of hammers in that lineup. Main concern is depth at 157 and 174, but I am guessing the staff has a plan for that. Excited to see the recruiting continue to improve!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
All of a sudden, the future is looking pretty bright for Iowa State wrestling. We will be young for a couple years after this senior class graduates, but theres a lot of talent there and this staff excels at developing guys. Lot to look forward to with these lineups:

125- Ramazan, Kysen, Reeves, Cabanban
133- Ramazan, Knopick, Kysen
141- Gomez, Redding
149- Cam Robinson, Paniro Johnson
157- Cam Robinson
165- David Carr
174- Manny Rojas?
184- Broderson, Shapiro
197- Coleman, Bastida, Shapiro, Schon
Hwt- Duggan, Bastida, Schon, Greenlee

Lot of hammers in that lineup. Main concern is depth at 157 and 174, but I am guessing the staff has a plan for that. Excited to see the recruiting continue to improve!
Be nice to get another hammer at 57 or 74 to train with and push David.

Help Support Us

Become a patron