Rose Played Hurt?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Anyone know what injury Rose was playing with today?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Saw a Texas report that said he was hurt pretty bad and might not even play today. What’s the issue?

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
initially it was a running joke due to some rando Twitter account's take, which I'm not sure anyone seriously believed until the ISU crew commented on Rose's apparent pain after the game had started. i guess he took a bad step or something on one of the last plays of the KSU game? fortunately he didn't have to have his leg amputated, and this disease didn't spread to his fellow LBs!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dopey

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't know if he played hurt, but I can tell you Soehner played hurt for sure. Seemed like he injured himself twice and seemed to be in a good deal of pain. Balls of steel.
It seems like he’s been taking hits to the legs all season. Combine that with his blown out knee last year and he’s got to be hurting.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer and GTO

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I don't know if he played hurt, but I can tell you Soehner played hurt for sure. Seemed like he injured himself twice and seemed to be in a good deal of pain. Balls of steel.
The first time he went out, I swear it looked like he was on the sideline throwing up. Then he was back in. I thought maybe he took a really bad shot to the nuts or something.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
initially it was a running joke due to some rando Twitter account's take, which I'm not sure anyone seriously believed until the ISU crew commented on Rose's apparent pain after the game had started. i guess he took a bad step or something on one of the last plays of the KSU game? fortunately he didn't have to have his leg amputated, and this disease didn't spread to his fellow LBs!
Yeah, if they'd have amputated it, he probably would've only played special teams :)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I wonder if when Soehner catches the ball the defenders are more upset that he got some yardage or that they have to try to bring him down.

He's huge and doesn't mess around in the north/south concept.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and GTO

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM

You don’t hurt Soehner, you just make him angry.

In all seriousness, dude left the game twice hurt and came back looking stronger. Tough guy for sure.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I wonder if when Soehner catches the ball the defenders are more upset that he got some yardage or that they have to try to bring him down.

He's huge and doesn't mess around in the north/south concept.

Second time soehner went down the defender went at his legs to take him down. They showed him hobbling off and then grabbing his knee afterwards. Didn’t seem like a serious injury but the fact he grabbed his knee was a little concerning.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Second time soehner went down the defender went at his legs to take him down. They showed him hobbling off and then grabbing his knee afterwards. Didn’t seem like a serious injury but the fact he grabbed his knee was a little concerning.
He is always at a greater risk for a leg injury. He is so huge that everyone always tries to take his legs out to get him down.

• Agree
Reactions: StPaulCyclone