WBB: Miscellaneous Thread for 2020-21 Season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thought we could use a misc thread for the season, a place to post randoms or one offs that do not relate to specific games or topics big or important enough for their own thread etc.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
To start off, here's another of the fun posting the WBB PR peeps posted just a few minutes ago. I not usually impressed by Cyclone PR or our Cyclones.Com website but somebody does a really nice job with the WBB FB and Twitter.

125500125_3623122767708296_3859504380744353367_o.jpg

Complete with another "Fred" reference. She has to be the most popular gal on the roster if you go by the number of times she gets mentioned in these fun postings.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Any thoughts on who is in the starting lineup on Wednesday?

Maggie is out so: Joens, Scott, Wise, Johnson, for sure. Than Donarski or Frederick for Maggies spot? Only 10 players suited up against a warmup team so should be lots of minutes for the freshman. With no Maggie I am thinking Donarski gets lots of minutes at point. Am more interested in how they do against better teams but still will be fun to see the new gals play in their first game.

Reactions: bozclone

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
Maggie is out so: Joens, Scott, Wise, Johnson, for sure. Than Donarski or Frederick for Maggies spot? Only 10 players suited up against a warmup team so should be lots of minutes for the freshman. With no Maggie I am thinking Donarski gets lots of minutes at point. Am more interested in how they do against better teams but still will be fun to see the new gals play in their first game.

you don't think Ryan runs point? Maybe I misread but, I thought that was the spot she was brought in for.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
you don't think Ryan runs point? Maybe I misread but, I thought that was the spot she was brought in for.

Ryan and Donarski are both capable of running point, and both likely will run some point Wednesday.

Guys, just spitballing here as a fan who has no insider info. ;)

Still my thinking guess is Donarski to start but after that it's anybody's guess to minutes or positions. Probably see some Donarski and Ryan in at same time with Maggie out. We will probably see all sorts of combos. Hell, last year Prospects Nation had Maggie as a wing and ESPN as a combo-guard and she was point a lot last year.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
Another question: What's everyone's thought on playing both Jones sisters at the same time? They say siblings have non verbal communication and I'm seen it in my own family. I get that the young one needs to learn "the ISU way" but, I say try them together

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Another question: What's everyone's thought on playing both Jones sisters at the same time? They say siblings have non verbal communication and I'm seen it in my own family. I get that the young one needs to learn "the ISU way" but, I say try them together

I think the chances of them playing together, at least some, on Wednesday is pushing 100% probably. ;)

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
"You’re meddling with powers you can’t possibly comprehend" Indiana Jones

Reactions: riceville98

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
"You’re meddling with powers you can’t possibly comprehend" Indiana Jones
BUT, DON'T...