• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Because OSU has the tie breaker against us.

Ends up pretty irrelevant when it comes down to getting into the title game.

We win against Texas, we're in.

We lose against texas we need some things to go our way (the big one being KSU beating Texas)

• Agree
Reactions: bsaltyman

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I haven't run every scenario on @mred's web site but I haven't yet found one that puts us in the CG without beating Texas (barring a ton of upsets among other contenders). Am I wrong?

So given that, go Pokes for the potential rematch and to knock out OU.
I think that's correct. If we lose to Texas, we essentially need Texas to lose to Kansas or KSU, regardless of OU/OSU result.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
If you are thinking about our chances of getting into the Big 12 championship game this game is essentially meaningless. Play around with mreds calculator and I can’t find a reasonable scenario it matters.

Basically regarding the title game if we beat Texas and we are very likely in. We lose to Texas and we’d have to have a Texas lose to KSU or KU or we are very likely out.

If you are thinking about match ups in the Big12 title game then I’d rather OSU win because I’d rather play them.

Looks like it’s a moot point as I type this though

• Agree
Reactions: wgleason

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If this score continues look for OU to make a massive jump up in rankings and maybe drag us up with them because of our win over them and the blowout result and 6-1 record.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If you are thinking about our chances of getting into the Big 12 championship game this game is essentially meaningless. Play around with mreds calculator and I can’t find a reasonable scenario it matters.

Basically regarding the title game if we beat Texas and we are very likely in. We lose to Texas and we’d have to have a Texas lose to KSU or KU or we are very likely out.

If you are thinking about match ups in the Big12 title game then I’d rather OSU win because I’d rather play them.

Aren't there three way ties with OU/Texas where we win tie breaker to get in the game?

That seems like a pretty likely outcome actually.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think that's correct. If we lose to Texas, we essentially need Texas to lose to Kansas or KSU, regardless of OU/OSU result.

We are we out if we lose to Texas and ISU, Texas and OU are all 7-2?

Seems we'd have a decent shot with tie break criteria and if we lose to Texas it's looking like that three way tie is very likely.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Here’s the way I look at it.

If:

A. OU wins tonight,

and

B. We win our next three games,

Then we finish alone stop the conference standings, and win the CCG. It’s that simple. Plus the side benefit of beating OU twice in the same season.

I’ll have my cake and eat it too, please.

LoyalFawker

Jul 13, 2016
Kansas City
So assuming we win out, OU and Okie St. win out then no matter who wins this game it would be ISU v Okie St in the championship.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Beat Texas & WVU and bedlam doesn't matter.

Not sure we have a preference as far as improving ISU's odds to get in Big 12 championship game.

Which one is a tougher match up for ISU in 30 days? I would say OU, now that Stevenson is playing and Rattler having more experience.

Reactions: agentbear

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron