Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
JC, what do you think about the whole School Board decision on extra-curricular activities? It seems the media certainly are out for blood on it. I watched Jana Shortal taking it to someone from the district the other day. They are really trying to crucify them over it.

I guess I don't think that it should be all or nothing. My daughter does Nordic. If you can't socially distance in that sport, I'm not sure there is one you can. Archery or rifle maybe?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Found out my best friend is going to propose to his GF. Very excited, I've only been to 2 weddings in my life. I have no idea what a groomsmen does.
Best Man arranges the bachelor party. The groomsmen show up and get drunk. Outside of that you just need to get up and dressed for the wedding, walk down the aisle with a bridesmaid and just stand there.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I see the uncut version of Animal House is still important to you. It makes me laugh to this day thinking of Belushi hopping that ladder along the house window to window then tipping over over backwards.
I know much of that movie by heart, and it always makes me laugh, but it's a guilty pleasure. There is NO way that movie could be made today.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Living mid-Pacific time lately. Read till three and got up at eleven. Nice eight hour sleepy but a little out of whack for the midwest. Might miss the kickoff tomorrow if I don't stop this.

Had a bunch of notices than they all disappeared when I clicked on dat bell thing......guess the Argent farewell tour thread got axed overnight.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Living mid-Pacific time lately. Read till three and got up at eleven. Nice eight hour sleepy but a little out of whack for the midwest. Might miss the kickoff tomorrow if I don't stop this.

Had a bunch of notices than they all disappeared when I clicked on dat bell thing......guess the Argent farewell tour thread got axed overnight.
Yup. There was another thread that got axed a couple of days ago. Short term memory is shot...I just remember clicking on a notification and getting shipped off to "you must upgrade your account to view that thread".

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I know much of that movie by heart, and it always makes me laugh, but it's a guilty pleasure. There is NO way that movie could be made today.
It’s a masterpiece. My old man said he saw it right before he left for ISU. We watched together right before I moved into Maple in the early 2000. I had no idea what it was or what I was watching and was distracted half the time by him laughing his ass off. Took a couple rewatches and I totally get it now. Amazing.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Grandpa has been home for a couple days. Mom and aunt are going to have "the talk" with him Saturday. He was working before all this went down, so that and caretaker plans are the main 2 taking points.

Anybody have ideas for hobbies for him? He cant stay idle, and having to not work with be hard enough on him.

What happened?

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
There were several movies that my parents didn't stop me from watching when I was younger that wouldn't be made today. Animal house, revenge of the nerds and porky's come to mind.

I could quote those all day.

"I'd recognize that tallywhacker anywhere."

Status
Not open for further replies.