Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Interesting. My boys were in a smaller school system. I don't recall separate teachers for anything prior to 5th grade. They're in their early 40s now.

I'm probably this >< much older than your kiddos, and we didn't have a HUGE school, but in first grade we switched teachers for language arts. I don't remember doing that in second grade, but definitely changed classes in third grade for math, and my homeroom teacher was the teacher of the upper language arts class, so I didn't switch.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I'm probably this >< much older than your kiddos, and we didn't have a HUGE school, but in first grade we switched teachers for language arts. I don't remember doing that in second grade, but definitely changed classes in third grade for math, and my homeroom teacher was the teacher of the upper language arts class, so I didn't switch.
Ueah, I'm younger than them and I think we switched for a class or two at 2nd grade. Time to break out the yearbooks when I go home

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That wasn't in Iowa though, was it?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Quiet here, finally. Master bath that started first week of August is finally done. Had to wait another couple of weeks for glass install as guys broke one of the 3/8" thick tempered glass panels during installation. Heard a large CRACK BOOM followed by the sound of thousands of tempered glass pieces hitting the tile.

View attachment 77024 .

Damn nice job, that looks like it should be in a home interior magazine.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My dad didn’t change teachers until 9th grade.
I grew up in a rural school district that was made up of 3 towns. Each town had it's own K-4 grades with all the 5th graders bused to one of those schools, all the 6th graders to another and the junior high to the third. The High School was in the country between the three towns. In Kindergarten we had one classroom with one teacher. Mrs. Henderson was a mountain of a woman - easily over 6' and probably over 200 pounds but the most gentle soul you will ever meet. By 1st grade we had a main room with all of the 1st and 2nd graders together then we left for a few classes with different teachers. Same for 3rd and 4th grade. By 5th grade we were regularly moving classroom to classroom for different classes with different teachers.

Yes, Kindergarten was almost 50 years ago. Rest in peace, Mrs. Henderson.

Reactions: BCClone and SaraV

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So Wisconsin’s third-string qb didn’t practice yesterday and word on the street is he may also have covid. So we’re looking at potentially having our fourth-string qb start against Nebraska

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I know we switched teachers in 6th grade and up. I can't remember if we did in any earlier grades.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Even for the specials?
Even for the specials. They had music added in fifth grade: band & "chorus". Band was voluntary; chorus was not.
I didn't have separate teachers until 7th grade. It was like a whole different world, moving from classroom to classroom. We felt VERY adult! :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I grew up in a rural school district that was made up of 3 towns. Each town had it's own K-4 grades with all the 5th graders bused to one of those schools, all the 6th graders to another and the junior high to the third. The High School was in the country between the three towns. In Kindergarten we had one classroom with one teacher. Mrs. Henderson was a mountain of a woman - easily over 6' and probably over 200 pounds but the most gentle soul you will ever meet. By 1st grade we had a main room with all of the 1st and 2nd graders together then we left for a few classes with different teachers. Same for 3rd and 4th grade. By 5th grade we were regularly moving classroom to classroom for different classes with different teachers.

Yes, Kindergarten was almost 50 years ago. Rest in peace, Mrs. Henderson.
We were one teacher (outside of specials) until JH. Where we were special, was that I can honestly say I went to school on a Saturday once. First grade (so winter of 78/79?). Non stop snow days so my school went proactive and scheduled some Saturdays to make up days. Our teacher was first year out so about 23. I think she was hung over and mad to be there so we basically watched cartoons with her out of the room. The following week they waived days so the next Saturday was cancelled. Nothing like getting naive first graders thinking school may be 6 days a week.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
So Wisconsin’s third-string qb didn’t practice yesterday and word on the street is he may also have covid. So we’re looking at potentially having our fourth-string qb start against Nebraska
Nebraska might have a chance!!!

edit: sorry Woo...but "mighty" Nebraska's woes just crack me up. To think that they might be counting on a 4th string quarterback to give them a chance to beat Wiscy is delicious. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You could start the manager against NE and be fine. They are far from good, a shell of their old days.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Run the wildcat regularly against that "black shirts" defense. Nebraska did it with Rex Burkhead against ISU years ago and eked out a win. ISU should have had that game but Nebraska was continually able to do just enough to get by.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Run the wildcat regularly against that "black shirts" defense. Nebraska did it with Rex Burkhead against ISU years ago and eked out a win. ISU should have had that game but Nebraska was continually able to do just enough to get by.
And went for two (in OT?) and the holder trying to touch pass it to our TE, who was our best receiver, and threw too soft.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron