Positive *Informative* Covid News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Per coronavirustoday.com

NSAIDs Do Not Lead to More Severe Coronavirus Disease Outcomes

The use of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, is not associated with severe COVID-19 disease or related fatality, according to a study published in PLOS One on September 8, 2020.
These researchers concluded the 'use of NSAIDs was not associated with 30-day mortality, hospitalization, ICU admission, mechanical ventilation, or renal replacement therapy in Danish individuals who tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.'
I would still stick with Tylenol and/or aspirin.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
"On Tuesday the NFL announced its latest round of results from Covid-19 testing, covering the seven day window from August 30th - September 5. Of 17,519 tests of 2,641 players, there was just one new positive result."
USA Today , Sept 9, 2020

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'll just bring the info here so you don't have to visit the site
I went to the coronavirustoday website and the only ads that I got were for shampoo and Quicken Loans. Maybe cycloneG is getting those political ads because of targeted advertising directed toward his interests using his browsing history.:D

kcbob79clone

I went to the coronavirustoday website and the only ads that I got were for shampoo and Quicken Loans. Maybe cycloneG is getting those political ads because of targeted advertising directed toward his interests using his browsing history.:D

TBH I never noticed the ads. I was looking for positive news cause this thread needed some last night and came across this website for the first time

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also per coronavirustoday.com

Orally-Administered Antiviral Candidate 'Inhibited' COVID-19

Israel based RedHill Biopharma Ltd. announced on September 8, 2020, that opaganib demonstrated potent inhibition of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, achieving complete blockage of viral replication in an in vitro model of human lung bronchial tissue. Opaganib is currently being evaluated in global Phase 2/3 and U.S. Phase 2 clinical studies for the treatment of severe COVID-19 pneumonia.
Results from this study 'showed a clear and compelling antiviral effect of opaganib against SARS-CoV-2,' stated the company's press statement.
Mark L. Levitt, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director at RedHill, added: “We are accelerating progress toward our goal of generating a robust data package to potentially support emergency use authorizations for COVID-19.”
Opaganib is a first-in-class, orally-administered, sphingosine kinase-2 (SK2) selective inhibitor with dual anti-inflammatory and anti-viral activity that targets a host cell component, unaffected by viral mutation, thus minimizing the likelihood of resistance, says the company.

Is this preventative or as a treatment once someone's known to be positive or veering toward a severe case?

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
Is this preventative or as a treatment once someone's known to be positive or veering toward a severe case?
Found a better article on this drug. It seems like it's a treatment, being used in hospitals in Israel currently. In the article, it says that 0% of patients required ventilators on the drug vs. 33% of control patients who were not. Patients on the drug required 10 days high flow oxygen vs. 15 days without. Seems promising, but probably needs more study.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Found a better article on this drug. It seems like it's a treatment, being used in hospitals in Israel currently. In the article, it says that 0% of patients required ventilators on the drug vs. 33% of control patients who were not. Patients on the drug required 10 days high flow oxygen vs. 15 days without. Seems promising, but probably needs more study.

Here's one a bit dated that includes this drug, I'm a bit hesitant to rely on press releases.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Admittedly, this is not positive news but I think its a good reminder these are people behind the statistics.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
And what helps people absorb the zinc is ..... ugh...never mind. Don’t want to trigger people with science and facts and stuff.

well from a supplement standpoint it needs taken with protein and fat.. but you can get a good amount thru food which is absorbed best by far..

Reactions: aauummm

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
well from a supplement standpoint it needs taken with protein and fat.. but you can get a good amount thru food which is absorbed best by far..

absorption is still an issue though. in order for the zinc to stop the viral replication it needs another drug to help it get to the virus through the cell membrane. To try to illustrate that more clearly, you have the zinc on one side of a wall, and the virus on the other side of the wall, but you need a drug to help get the zinc through the wall to stop the virus. That’s what hydroxychloroquine does, it opens the door for the zinc to stop the virus replication.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron