8/10 weather

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I was surprised when I went back to my place on the Clive/Waukee line that i had power and it didn’t seem to ever go out.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Are people having cell phone issues? I have and have always had power and internet, but am experiencing issues with cell phone reception.
Yes. Very spotty service

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Saw pictures from my parents in CR. They lost probably half of their larger trees, and had one bedroom window blow in. Luckily none of the trees were close enough to hit the house!

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Some of those pictures and weather data look horrendous. I hope everyone is ok.

In lighter news, my sister sold a large kids playset yesterday on Facebook/Craigslist/whatever. Had to have weighed a couple thousand pounds. They hauled it home and reassembled. DM metro area.

Buyer sent pics to my sister today with it laying on its' side and splintered and jokingly asked what my sister's return policy was.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
We're in north Ankeny, and going on hour 6 of no power.

My car missed being hit by a fairly large branch/tree at work in WDM by about 6 feet.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Never experienced a storm as terrifying as this one. North of Marion, my office (Pioneer Seeds) had 3 windows blow out with water blowing in and flooding. Our two signs are blown over with an overhead door ripped off. Our neighbors grain bins are spread across our inbred corn nursery, which is a complete loss. Our massive machine shed lost half its roof and another another overhead door. Never mind the trees snapped in half and broken car windows

I’m not joking when I say millions worth of damage

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Dang, I thought the storms in MSP were bad last night, but Iowa got it way worse

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

Our corn isn’t quite that flat, but the beans are that flat. This late in the year, stuff doesn’t stand back up either. It’s gonna stay like that.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Power lines still down everywhere around Beaverdale. I wouldn't be surprised if we're without power until Wednesday. I haven't seen any crews in my neighborhood yet. Many trees/branches being held up by sagging power lines too.

• Wow
Reactions: aauummm