Newcomers updated height, weight, and numbers

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Blackwell and Dubar are both pretty good sized. Not far off from where Ejim was listed as a freshman.

Reactions: Cytown12

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Dubar wearing #55 instantly vaults him into my favorite player spot for next year's team.

There’s something about him, he’s who I’m most excited for. I think he will be a fan favorite Cyclone.

I’ve always been intrigued with Walker after Prohm said he’s a clone of Halliburton.

Foster is Foster.

Blackwell is a good recruit too and regarded as the 2nd best recruit in the class.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
He’s brought up Point Forward with Blackwell and especially Johnson. You can tell he wants multiple facilitators and a lot of versatility on the floor.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
He’s brought up Point Forward with Blackwell and especially Johnson. You can tell he wants multiple facilitators and a lot of versatility on the floor.

And length. Plenty of possibilities when you play four ball-handlers between 6’5” and 6’7” with a rim-running shot-blocking 5.

Sorry, I may need a moment.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Interesting that he calls Hinson a perimeter player when most on this board talk about him sliding into the PF role.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Interesting that he calls Hinson a perimeter player when most on this board talk about him sliding into the PF role.
A stretch 4 is a perimeter player that will also post up smaller defenders.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know I posted this in the other thread, but I updated this with the new heights and weights for the incoming players. I had been relying on 24-7 before, though I use Sports Reference as the ultimate and final source for this once they play a game.

upload_2020-7-1_10-20-59.png

Dubar and Blackwell are ~20 pounds heavier and 1" taller.

Walker and Foster are the same height but each is heavier.

None of the transfers changed... seemed like "known commodities."

Looks like none of the returners changed numbers. That occasionally happens, such as with Nick going from #12 to #1 after McKay left off the redshirt.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
A stretch 4 is a perimeter player that will also post up smaller defenders.

That isn’t my understanding. I always thought of a stretch four as someone like Niang who forced the other team’s PF to guard him away from the bucket because he was a threat to shoot from 3, then he could abuse them off the dribble. Thus, it is an interior player with outside skills added. Linking several websites where that definition seems to be more the norm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stret...tretch four,than a conventional power forward.

https://www.mensbasketballhoopscoop.com/stretch-four-shooting-workout-tim-springer/

https://247sports.com/Article/The-r...college-basketball-recruiting-class-48671877/

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/14/4100262/nba-power-fowards-three-point-shooters-cliff-robinson

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
That isn’t my understanding. I always thought of a stretch four as someone like Niang who forced the other team’s PF to guard him away from the bucket because he was a threat to shoot from 3, then he could abuse them off the dribble. This it is an interior player with skills added.

I see it as two types:
A natural post who also can shoot from outside. Begins and plays mostly in the post but can move out to three and solid handle. Niang/Royce/Vanderbeken types.
A big Strong Forward who starts in on the perimeter but can rebound as a PF and defend larger players. Ejim/Burton/Hogue types
The key is forcing the other teams PF off the floor due to not being able to stay near the basket.

Hinson would be the Ejim/Burton/Hogue type in my eyes.
The ideal prototype of a stretch PF/C may just be Xavier Foster a 7 footer who can play in the post and shoot plus defend natural and stretch posts if he develops as many of us hope.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
No one has labeled him as a PF. We’ve said he’d play the 4, where we previously had Johnson penciled.

Harris-Bolton-JCL-Hinson-Young

Johnson is a wildcard who could be in there, and will be if someone doesn’t get a waiver.

Who knows, we’ve had freshman come in and claim starting jobs too.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
No one has labeled him as a PF. We’ve said he’d play the 4, where we previously had Johnson penciled.

Harris-Bolton-JCL-Hinson-Young

Johnson is a wildcard who could be in there, and will be if someone doesn’t get a waiver.

Who knows, we’ve had freshman come in and claim starting jobs too.

I think I was drawing back on the conversation about Smith before Hinson where we felt we really needed someone that could defend and rebound. I was differentiating that from a 4-out-one in that truly only has one big on the floor, but you have someone with enough athleticism to guard a bigger player.