YouTube TV

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
We'll be switching to PhIlo after basketball season. Seeing the comparison really makes you realize how much ESPN networks cost each month.

This was the reason I was turned off by the ESPN+ subscription. I get "it's only $5 per month!" but a good portion of everybody's streaming cost (same with cable or satellite) is the ESPN family. Now you're telling me I need to subscribe to your service in two places to get the content...

• Agree
Reactions: JMA1125 and mkadl

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Ive read once you do that it won’t add new channels when they become available. I don’t trust my wife to figure that out if it ever comes up.

I'm new-ish to YTTV but I just checked my custom sort order, and when I clicked the edit option, the new channels were listed at the bottom, but they were unchecked. So you should just be able to check the boxes and add them back to your custom sort.

Reactions: cyfanatic

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006

These services are finding a way to make cable look like the cheap option. Just looked at my bill and I'm paying less for a cable/Tivo combo.

With that said, this is a big feature that I'm happy they've changed.

"Mark a show as watched"

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Looks like I'm going back to Hulu Live after this month.

That’s where I’m at too. Definitely time to shop around again. Amazon needs to get in the live TV game. That’s still a beautiful thing that you can just up and leave and find something new without calling anyone, without dealing with a contract of asset retention bull crap.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
These services are finding a way to make cable look like the cheap option. Just looked at my bill and I'm paying less for a cable/Tivo combo.

With that said, this is a big feature that I'm happy they've changed.

"Mark a show as watched"

Still beats any cable/dish option I have, by quite a bit.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
That’s where I’m at too. Definitely time to shop around again. Amazon needs to get in the live TV game. That’s still a beautiful thing that you can just up and leave and find something new without calling anyone, without dealing with a contract of asset retention bull crap.

No hardware returns or installs either when switching. Just sign in to whatever app you're currently using.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Grrr, I started when it was $35, it was a good deal, now it has doubled in price and I don't really have that much more I want to watch. Beginning to think about cancelling.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Check out Fubo TV. The big stumbling block with them is that they’ve never had ESPN, but they just recently announced they came to an agreement with Disney. No word yet on if they will raise their prices, but they are currently $60 a month which includes 3 screens at once and 500 hours of DVR.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Check out Fubo TV. The big stumbling block with them is that they’ve never had ESPN, but they just recently announced they came to an agreement with Disney. No word yet on if they will raise their prices, but they are currently $60 a month which includes 3 screens at once and 500 hours of DVR.

Wow. I was feeling a little frustration with a 30% cost increase for YTTV but this post actually makes me feel better lol. $60 a month and no ESPN? $65 doesn't seem to be so bad to include ESPN (always read it was the most expensive part of a bundle) as well as the same 3 screens and unlimited DVR.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Wow. I was feeling a little frustration with a 30% cost increase for YTTV but this post actually makes me feel better lol. $60 a month and no ESPN? $65 doesn't seem to be so bad to include ESPN (always read it was the most expensive part of a bundle) as well as the same 3 screens and unlimited DVR.

I was thinking the same thing. Fubo is actually a much worse deal than YTTV.