Consumer Fireworks

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We have a kid that lives in KC, so we go down there periodically to visit. We always stop in Eagleville at Sheldon's (or Shelton's?) for our stuff.

I'm responsible for getting the ground entertainment: kid friendly things like the snap-pops (our grand kids go through hundreds of them), pooping chickens (also a big favorite with the grand kids), tree spinners, lotus blossoms, tanks & turtles that roll, and of course the bees & satellites. I also choose the fountains. My personal favorite is the mushroom. The packaging is cute, and those puppies last forever considering the cost.

He chooses the roman candles & mortars, and does a really good job with our "finale" every year. Takes him most of the afternoon to set it up. My contribution to the aerial stuff is ladybugs & flying pigs. Look 'em up - they're fun!

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
We have a kid that lives in KC, so we go down there periodically to visit. We always stop in Eagleville at Sheldon's (or Shelton's?) for our stuff.

I'm responsible for getting the ground entertainment: kid friendly things like the snap-pops (our grand kids go through hundreds of them), pooping chickens (also a big favorite with the grand kids), tree spinners, lotus blossoms, tanks & turtles that roll, and of course the bees & satellites. I also choose the fountains. My personal favorite is the mushroom. The packaging is cute, and those puppies last forever considering the cost.

He chooses the roman candles & mortars, and does a really good job with our "finale" every year. Takes him most of the afternoon to set it up. My contribution to the aerial stuff is ladybugs & flying pigs. Look 'em up - they're fun!
Shelton fireworks is a pretty good store. Fireworks world across the street there is good too. Those use to be the two spots I would go to before they became legal here in Iowa.

Reactions: Cdiedrick

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Shelton fireworks is a pretty good store. Fireworks world across the street there is good too. Those use to be the two spots I would go to before they became legal here in Iowa.
We still go there. Huge selection, better prices. If it wasn't on our way to KC (and also Texas, where we normally travel twice a year) we might reconsider...

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

TIL there is a firework called a pooping chicken

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Just went and dropped 217 dollars on fireworks today. Seems like I got nothing lol.

Ended up with 4 cakes, Excalibur shells, some Roman candles and small novelty items.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Every ####ant town has at least 1 firework stand. There must be one Heck of a markup because all are selling buy 1 and get 4 free.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Every ####ant town has at least 1 firework stand. There must be one Heck of a markup because all are selling buy 1 and get 4 free.

I think Cedar Falls has one in every store parking lot. I can't see how these places make money.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thunderstorm and raining hard outside...about the only thing that can dampen the nightly fireworks here. Been going every night since Memorial Day.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think Cedar Falls has one in every store parking lot. I can't see how these places make money.
There are stands everywhere here. There is a distributor here that used to work full time for Cable Services Group and then run 2 stands in Bellevue during the two weeks before the 4th of July. From what I heard he made about $70,000 - $80,000 in those 2 weeks. When Omaha made it legal he quit his full time job to just concentrate on his fireworks business.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron