Register is VERY quiet...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
FWIW, Chad is on furlough this week and can't do anything. I asked him to come on the radio show yesterday and he couldn't.

Wait, how does a company say what you can't do while on furlough? I'm sorry but you can't read or write because, well, we don't want to pay you this week but we will still dictate your life.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It’s disgusting to me that players at Iowa have endured 20 years of bullying and racism but the narrative amongst some in the media here is

“Hey look, Iowa fball is gonna be the leader in change and Kirk is a changed man!”

Pathetic

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It’s disgusting to me that players at Iowa have endured 20 years of bullying and racism but the narrative amongst some in the media here is

“Hey look, Iowa fball is gonna be the leader in change and Kirk is a changed man!”

Pathetic
I've mentioned this before, but any Iowa fan that believes that are in denial. There are some great sociological articles out there that have to do with morality and ethics when it comes to your own team that you're passionate about. This situation is no different than the Penn State fans that supported Joe Pa, Ohio State fans who defended Urban Meyer, Louisville Fans who defended Rick Pitino, etc.

From an outsiders perspective, you love to think that you would do the right thing and be on the right side of history, but when it happens to your team you deny reality. You twist every single detail and try to change the narrative for your own mental well being.

It's quite fascinating and we're seeing it first hand right now. No matter what happens, no matter how Iowa fans try to spin this afterwords, every single person outside of the Hawkeye world is going to see right through them. That program is a joke.

Tri

Sep 10, 2009
FWIW, Chad is on furlough this week and can't do anything. I asked him to come on the radio show yesterday and he couldn't.

FWIW,
KXNO's two afternoon shows that I enjoy have done a nice job of reporting what they know and providing a venue for excellent conversation on Iowa's situation and how it ties into the big picture race wise. Murph, Andy and Ross do a good job of keeping their political biases out of it for the most part..tougher for Andy
Chris can't resist at all but I enjoy listening anyway.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Today the gazette had a story about whether the culture was "demanding or demeaning" and another from some doctor talking about the steps to making an inclusive environment. The inclusive environment one was the biggest story on the front of the sports section.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007

Pathetic
I have found the “Iowa will be the most unified team in the conference” take from some of the media literally 24 hours after a story of this magnitude centering around the lack of unified treatment amongst the team, an interesting perspective.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
It’s a Nothing Burger unless KF gets pushed out, which is doubtful.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have found the “Iowa will be the most unified team in the conference” take from some of the media literally 24 hours after a story of this magnitude centering around the lack of unified treatment amongst the team, an interesting perspective.

Lol bingo

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015

Pathetic

I agree. Several of their bloggers would be leading the twitter charge if this was any other school.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The only thing I blame Leisty for is being a totally non-objective Hawk cheerleader. But, apparently that is what they want him to be.

Was curious what we'd see out of Hlas and it has been basically a soft pedal 'challenging times' stuff. State print and TV media thus far has been tip towing with the exception of Howe. Doxsie at QCTimes also had a nice article on Iowa being one of the most 'non-transparent' programs in the country.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013

Pathetic
Amen. Imagine if this was Iowa State. Front page headlines across newspapers in the state would read “Black players faced decades of discrimination at Iowa State University”.

Instead somehow Kirk is a hero in this.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Amen. Imagine if this was Iowa State. Front page headlines across newspapers in the state would read “Black players faced decades of discrimination at Iowa State University”.

Instead somehow Kirk is a hero in this.
Go figure. Let's keep an eye on their lofty recruiting rankings and see how quickly that drops.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

furlough schmurlough.

You do some of your best work on vacation!

Speaking of which, I think Steve Prohm would probably be glad to pay for you to go on vacation.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Wait, how does a company say what you can't do while on furlough? I'm sorry but you can't read or write because, well, we don't want to pay you this week but we will still dictate your life.

That’s what happens when you are on furlough.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

Exhibit A of the most delusional fanbase in America: Sunday, 50+ players begin documenting a decade worth of racist culture issues at Iowa. Wednesday, before an investigation has even begun or a plan has been discussed, Iowa fan: "We are the champions of change! We will be the most unified program in college football! EVERYONE will want to play for us!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron