***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Dammit, I step away for a few hours and missed and entire day and night cycle...but I lived and a mafia didn't, so that's pretty cool.

I'm still on-edge about north but I see discy backed away from that and instead destroyed clonies, so I guess I'll put the north fears to the wayside for now.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Looking at the run on Spiker I’m guessing there is at least one more mafia.

mdk - unlikely, doubt mafia would place a late throw away vote (which it was at the time)

moores - too quick after the first vote. Looks really suspicious. Mafia is usually smarter than that

cleaver - inno

cubs - into potential mafia territory.

Clonies - mafia

CTown - inno

Cyfan13 - pretty sure inno

JM4CY - self preservation but discy had labeled Spiker as the detective at this point. Unless JM is Langdon, mafia, or teabing he had no reason to vote Spiker who was more valuable.

Vote cubs but could easily be persuaded to vote JM4CY.

Reactions: moores2

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Dammit, I step away for a few hours and missed and entire day and night cycle...but I lived and a mafia didn't, so that's pretty cool.

I'm still on-edge about north but I see discy backed away from that and instead destroyed clonies, so I guess I'll put the north fears to the wayside for now.
I still think north should be considered.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

mdk - unlikely, doubt mafia would place a late throw away vote (which it was at the time)

moores - too quick after the first vote. Looks really suspicious. Mafia is usually smarter than that

cleaver - inno

Clonies - mafia

CTown - inno

JM4CY - self preservation but discy had labeled Spiker as the detective at this point. Unless JM is Langdon, mafia, or teabing he had no reason to vote Spiker who was more valuable.

Uhm what time did was spiker labeled detective?

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames

cleaver - inno

Clonies - mafia

CTown - inno

Why are you pretty sure about cyfan?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Uhm what time did was spiker labeled detective?
And how was I to believe that? It’s was nut cutting time at that point and just supposed to trust my death to some random claim from a guy who says spiker is the detective when the detective himself wasn’t saying anything (also realize after the fact there was a very good reason he wasn’t posting but I didn’t have that info at the time). There’s no way anyone plays that differently

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I was looking back and saw this post.

"Fitzy (Monday 3:45pm): Vote Ctown."

. The timing is suspicious on this vote. This was before Arob revealed Ctown was inno after the anagram. The voting was me at 5, oldman at 2. Was this a move to hide in the background without pushing on me or a bad coincidence? Benefits are:

1) Mafia got the same clues as Arob, they found out Ctown was inno and decided to push ctown up for later before the rest of the town knew he was inno.
2) Use Ctown to hide since it was me (a reg inno) and oldman (confirmed mafia) at the top. Pushing me would look bad for people voting later and oldman is scum so he wouldn't want to push there either.

Would Fitzy do something this obvious? I can see him doing it thinking he can weasel out of it for later.
Another thing I was looking at was participation in the game thread related to salty's clue. Fitzy has been MIA throughout the whole day and this is cause he's helping the mafia team solve the puzzles that Arob has gotten.

Vote Fitzy.
I've built a good list of people I think are inno so now I'm looking at people not on that list to see what they've done. The above is a post along with a few other things that have occurred today, that make me suspect Fitzy.

I’ll get the train going.

Vote Spiker.

Vote spiker

Vote Spiker for no reason other than I don't like it when people vote for people with no reason.
These are the first 3 votes on Spiker last night.

MDK: No reason votes Spiker.
Moores: follows with a vote on Spiker.
Cubs: votes Spiker with the express reason that he wanted to vote for someone who didn't list a reason. But the most recent two votes for Spiker, especially Moores's vote, are reasonless.

I'll vote Cubs.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I've built a good list of people I think are inno so now I'm looking at people not on that list to see what they've done. The above is a post along with a few other things that have occurred today, that make me suspect Fitzy.

Cubs: votes Spiker with the express reason that he wanted to vote for someone who didn't list a reason. But the most recent two votes for Spiker, especially Moores's vote, are reasonless.

I'll vote Cubs.
I can dig this. Question though: Why cubs and not the first two? I agree that’s a weird thing for cubs to say but he has no problem throwing random **** at the wall.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land

I'll vote Cubs.
200.gif

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I can dig this. Question though: Why cubs and not the first two? I agree that’s a weird thing for cubs to say but he has no problem throwing random **** at the wall.
Oh mdk is on the "not innocent" list too. I feel like Moores has had a similar game to me and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt here, knowing my role and how I've played.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Gipper has my spidey-sense tingling. Little participation, plus the throwaway comment about "sure don't like these runs" while proceeding to join in on the Clonies run.

Vote Gipper.

Reactions: JM4CY

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Funny, when cy$ posted this you also completely deflected and didn't provide a good reason for your vote. You've been pretty good at finding reasons for why I should be suspected this game but when people bring accusations your way suddenly your problem solving skills disappear.

Which is CERTAINLY not something I've seen mafia do. Ever.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Funny, when cy$ posted this you also completely deflected and didn't provide a good reason for your vote. You've been pretty good at finding reasons for why I should be suspected this game but when people bring accusations your way suddenly your problem solving skills disappear.

Which is CERTAINLY not something I've seen mafia do. Ever.
Vote PSYclone22.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Oh mdk is on the "not innocent" list too. I feel like Moores has had a similar game to me and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt here, knowing my role and how I've played.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this mystery role Psy is hinting at? At some points you hint that you're a special inno, at other times your just a regular inno that is really defensive. Is it really just that you're a regular inno and COULD be Sophie?

If you're some sort of detective I would think you could share some info by now, like Fitzy said a few pages ago.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Rescind north vote gipper
I can get on the gipper train for now. He was one of the ones that voted for me with no explanation. Moores you’re still annoying though. But I did laugh out loud when I read Teabang.

rescind moores vote gipper