2020 John Deere Classic Cancelled

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The only tournaments that matter are the majors. The rest just fill time like some random NASCAR race weekend. I worked in the golf industry for 20 years. No one cares about some random tournament.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
The only tournaments that matter are the majors. The rest just fill time like some random NASCAR race weekend. I worked in the golf industry for 20 years. No one cares about some random tournament.
So we only recognize Tiger's 15 major wins and just throw the rest out because they are random and no one cares?

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So we only recognize Tiger's 15 major wins and just throw the rest out because they are random and no one cares?

Wait a minute, where you recently playing Jumanji? Hanging out with Doc Brown?

What year do you think it is?

wQifw10.gif

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Dude, I like golf and have been to PGA, LPGA and Senior tournaments all over the country, including Majors, but everyone on here that says the JDC is a small and not very important tournament are right. It's a nice little tournament for he area, but nobody outside of the Quad Cities and big golf fans even know it exists.

And it was your mom I went to see and she did tell me I was wonderful. This conversation didn't and doesn't need to get personal.
Dude, you apparently need an intervention.

Your relationship with my mother is a absolutely pathetic attempt to reply to my DIRECT analogy of your need for validation. Abysmal, juvenile and, on your part, humiliating. Congratulation,....you are the BIGGEST LOSER!

Any questions?

• Agree
Reactions: TruClone

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I’m sure the tournament is well-run. Obviously it raises a lot of money for charities. The venue is excellent. Unfortunately, this event suffers from a crappy scheduling date - the week before the British Open.

The problem isn’t anything with the tournament itself, it just has difficulty drawing in the top players.

I would love to see this tournament given a date either a week earlier or 3 weeks later. The PGA Tour needs to look at these Midwest locations as opportunities to grow interest instead of a week off.

If the John Deere wanted a better date, they're going to have to pay for it. Currently, they have one of the smaller purses on the schedule. If you want a better date, pay more.

And unless they move the tournament out of the month of July, they are always going to be fighting against the UK tournaments with The Open, Scottish Open, and Irish Open. Those 3 are always going to get some of the top players.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Dude, you apparently need an intervention.

Your relationship with my mother is a absolutely pathetic attempt to reply to my DIRECT analogy of your need for validation. Abysmal, juvenile and, on your part, humiliating. Congratulation,....you are the BIGGEST LOSER!

Any questions?

You sound like an insane person.

Help Support Us

Become a patron