Attendance policy from JP...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I can live with that. I'm renewed and paid up. Just wondering where I'm going to end up sitting.
I appreciate the fact that we have choices. We re-upped in March. From what I'm seeing, we can
1) attend the games if things have improved virus-wise
2) sell our seats for each game
3) get a refund and buy again next year
4) release our tickets and put the cost against next year

For us (as people considered high risk), it will really depend on the closeness of contact - and mask usage. I also wonder what (if any) tailgating will be allowed).

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I'll be interested in the measures they put in place. Much as I'd love to tailgate, I hope they don't allow tailgating. It just seems impossible to do any of this in a safe way if most of the fans are intoxicated. Keep the lots closed until maybe 90 minutes before kickoff. We're still 4 months out from the first game, so I guess we just hope the level of cases continues to drop and there are so few by September that this doesn't matter. If not, I think a lot of us are going to have a tough decision to make.
They may likely REQUIRE that all in attendance wear masks/facial coverings. I am not sure how you feel about those, but that may help.

I agree with the potential of limiting tailgating. But it's still only May. By September, things could be much better. Just as they could be worse.

Like many others have said, I believe this is a decent plan for May and the circumstances as we know them now.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
odd because I would imagine at least a decent portion of season ticket holders are older and have some of the comorbidities making COVID riskier for them. Plus the economic upset/uncertainty for many right now. So it would seem like the decent thing to do to say hey we understand, hope to have you back next year. Also thought it was nice that if you did buy this year but decide you aren't comfortable attending come fall, you can get a refund or defer to 2021.
Yeah...there's your problem. When you're talking about Barta, "the decent thing to do" pretty much flies out the window.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Yea but 22k already bought their tickets under the assumption of their seat location. I imagine a large number of that 22k will be pissed.

Hence JP's great idea to allow people to refund and still get the tickets they are used to next year. I guess it's tough for me as a guy who loves going to JTS to understand why people who actually get to go to the games are going to be upset, especially when there are no consequences to them choosing not to buy tickets this year. No one is putting a gun to their head.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
a question a friend posed:

what if you had general public last year, and renewed (for new seats) this year and donated. you in or out?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I think they will need to barricade the parking lots. I don’t see how you can regulate games and not regulate tailgates. It defeats the purpose.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Jamie's 50% capacity is based on current guidelines - wonder if the state fair ends up limiting to 50k per day and you would buy a ticket for a specific day to limit attendance.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
But I imagine the 30k people are paying for seats in certain areas... Would you pay the $12k for a 50 yard line seat and then get told to be on the outer edges?

This exactly, I still had to donate... So I expect to not be in the corner.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The number of people against doing anything around a crowd on this site tells me there will be a bunch of tickets available for games.

I am not sure yet, but in the message we can cancel before the season and push that $$ to 2021.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Even rows one game, odd rows another. Assume if you have four tickets together, you will be in a "household" and will be able to sit together and not six feet apart.

Reactions: isutrevman

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
a question a friend posed:

what if you had general public last year, and renewed (for new seats) this year and donated. you in or out?

It'll depend on demand. This will be based on giving level. So if 30K tickets are requested from folks donating more, then you're probably out and getting a refund. I'd imagine Jamie was vague on this for a reason. He wants to wait for all renewals in before saying that they're denying ticket requests. But I fully expect that to happen.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I figure some folks may not be able to sit in the same seats they always have. And maybe folks will rotate locations. We used to do that with MBB student tickets when I was in school.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This exactly, I still had to donate... So I expect to not be in the corner.

Someone's going to have to sit in the corner. And I'm sure they will be people who donated to get those seats. But, you can always get a refund and they'll find someone that will sit in that corner.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
They may likely REQUIRE that all in attendance wear masks/facial coverings. I am not sure how you feel about those, but that may help.

I agree with the potential of limiting tailgating. But it's still only May. By September, things could be much better. Just as they could be worse.

Like many others have said, I believe this is a decent plan for May and the circumstances as we know them now.

I think that if they do require masks to attend, that would help. Maybe even hand them out, like they've done with other things like rally towels, etc. I think even if they do though, there will be people who won't wear them. Some for political reasons, some because of personal phobias, and others will just forget to put them on or rip them by accident, etc. If they are made mandatory, I'd guess you'll have maybe 70-80% of people wearing them? Maybe a higher percent with tickets limited to season ticket holders.

Like you said though, it's May right now. Let's wait and see until September. Even October and November could be different. I'm hoping for the best.

Reactions: beentherebefore

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Someone's going to have to sit in the corner. And I'm sure they will be people who donated to get those seats. But, you can always get a refund and they'll find someone that will sit in that corner.

There's no indication they're actually reseating people though.

Even if they were that wouldn't work at all for sections like the jack trice club where people pay more for the amenities- and it's usually wall to wall people in there

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I think that if they do require masks to attend, that would help. Maybe even hand them out, like they've done with other things like rally towels, etc. I think even if they do though, there will be people who won't wear them. Some for political reasons, some because of personal phobias, and others will just forget to put them on or rip them by accident, etc. If they are made mandatory, I'd guess you'll have maybe 70-80% of people wearing them? Maybe a higher percent with tickets limited to season ticket holders.

Like you said though, it's May right now. Let's wait and see until September. Even October and November could be different. I'm hoping for the best.

I'm probably wearing my mask to November games in the future anyway. I'm surprised at how warm they keep you. Not exactly looking forward to wearing a mask on 9/5 when it's 99 degrees and humid...