Attendance policy from JP...

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Renewed our season tickets last night, I like the idea that if this springs up again in the fall, that we can roll our tickets over to next year, while still keeping our seats for 2021.

With no single game tickets sold, parking should be a breeze for people in the general admission lots.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I feel like with a highly infectious disease spread easily through droplets with exponential growth there is a safety consideration between 30,000 and 60,000.

Nah, when the CDC is concerned with virus spread where a couple hundred people are getting together and singing hymns, I don't know how 30,000 people getting together with the screaming and yelling is going to be safe vs. 60,000 doing so not being safe?

It will effectively spread to all points of the State either way, especially throwing in 35,000 in Iowa City and 8,000 or so in Cedar Falls on these weekends. The cost-benefit analysis calls for the herd immunity option no matter the danger...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I feel like with a highly infectious disease spread easily through droplets with exponential growth there is a safety consideration between 30,000 and 60,000.
And the fact that you can space people out with 30,000 people while 60,000 you cannot.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
And the fact that you can space people out with 30,000 people while 60,000 you cannot.

But I imagine the 30k people are paying for seats in certain areas... Would you pay the $12k for a 50 yard line seat and then get told to be on the outer edges?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But I imagine the 30k people are paying for seats in certain areas... Would you pay the $12k for a 50 yard line seat and then get told to be on the outer edges?
I actually have no idea how it'll be done as far as spacing goes, but reckon something will be done.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Stepping stones based on what sort of feedback they think they will receive. Its a long time until September. Things will likely change several times before then.

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
Can anyone clarify if you can still buy season tickets now if you haven’t bought them before? The letter makes it sound like they’re only selling renewals for prior season ticket holders.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
odd because I would imagine at least a decent portion of season ticket holders are older and have some of the comorbidities making COVID riskier for them. Plus the economic upset/uncertainty for many right now. So it would seem like the decent thing to do to say hey we understand, hope to have you back next year. Also thought it was nice that if you did buy this year but decide you aren't comfortable attending come fall, you can get a refund or defer to 2021.
Agreed. Iowa has the revenue it does because the wealthy boomers who lived through the Hayden Frye era. You piss off the boomers (who probably will err to the side of caution due to being high risk for Covid19) the revenue may take a big dip 2021 and beyond since you tried to force them to come in 2020 or give up their tickets.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Might as well let everyone in the stadium. It isn't as if there is something more safe about a crowd of 30,000 vs. a crowd of 60,000 (does this mean only 7,000 in Hilton, and half will be in the balcony?). And you'll have that many people in the parking lot in September anyway...

I'm assuming they will limit parking as well. If game attendance is 30k season ticket holders only, then I would assume only ticket holders will get parking passes. Then you don't offer any public parking, just passes only. There will still be those who come to the tailgate without getting tickets, but it will be a lower number for sure. And the tailgate is outdoors and far more spread out than the actual game. You can have a larger tailgate turnout and still safely social distance.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm assuming they will limit parking as well. If game attendance is 30k season ticket holders only, then I would assume only ticket holders will get parking passes. Then you don't offer any public parking, just passes only. There will still be those who come to the tailgate without getting tickets, but it will be a lower number for sure. And the tailgate is outdoors and far more spread out than the actual game. You can have a larger tailgate turnout and still safely social distance.

Can’t wait to see how that plays out.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
In regards to the student section questions that don't seem to have an answer.

On the facebook post there were people questioning student tickets and the reply was students will be able to attend, but no specifics were given. I imagine it will be similar , sell 50% of the capacity and have them spread out. They may even be given reserved spaces this year. Who knows right now, but students will be in the stadium if games are played.

Reactions: ILikeTurtles

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
So are they letting students in? He doesn't mention that their season tickets are included in that. It'd be really ****** if they didn't. It's literally "college" football
On their Facebook page in the comments, they have mentioned a couple times that if students have season tickets, they will get in.

Reactions: ILikeTurtles

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Agreed. Iowa has the revenue it does because the wealthy boomers who lived through the Hayden Frye era. You piss off the boomers (who probably will err to the side of caution due to being high risk for Covid19) the revenue may take a big dip 2021 and beyond since you tried to force them to come in 2020 or give up their tickets.
Man, how in the world are they going to afford Frans next extension then?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
On their Facebook page in the comments, they have mentioned a couple times that if students have season tickets, they will get in.

What about their Cyclone Club donation? Are those required by June 12th? :jimlad:

Also it seems as though it'll only pertain to students who have already bought the tickets, so no Freshman I presume since they usually buy it when they visit the summer before.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

You CAN but people will not unless there's some sort of magical about face of cognition which early returns show was hopeless pre-Covid.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
does this mean donation must be paid up by june 12th?

i've renewed but donation was on payment each month

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Iowa has the money because the Big 10 is sending 50+ million each year their way, and doctors, dentists and lawyers make a hell of a lot more disposable income than architects and engineers.
They also are bringing in half the kids on out of state tuition and for some reason the BOR gives them more per student then they do at ISU or UNI.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Can you really space people out all that well at half capacity? People are packed in their like sardines anyways when the stadium is full. Let's just say the amount of space alloted to each "seat" on the bench is not reflective of the average fat American ass. We always bracket our 4 seats with seat backs to keep people from pushing us out of our seats. No way you can observe the current separation distance that is recommended at half capacity. You would probably need to do 1/4 capacity, and even that might not do it.

Whatever, I'm renewed and got my tickets and I'm not particularly worried about it. But from a personal perspective I don't feel any safer at half capacity than I would at full.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I usually park between Hilton and Jack as with a lot of donors - if there's no public parking will they spread the 30k out over all lots to help with distancing?