Bowen Born

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The organization is anti-ISU- some has to do their feeling Brady Ernst didn’t get treated right in his short time at ISU, some of it is they have stronger connections to IA and UNI’s staffs’. Other than Ernst, name a Barnstormer that went to ISU. But they have been IA and UNI’s farm club. I don’t think it’s been a huge loss for ISU- other than Green and JW, not many of their kids would have moved the needle much in the Big 12. I agree with Twins- BB would struggle at one end of the floor due to his size. But, that program is not pushing kids towards ISU either- they are in Fran’s backpocket.

Iowa and UNI have also had much more stability on their staffs and have made recruiting Iowa a priority while Iowa State has decided to go outside. Its all in the philosophy of building a program. Neither is right or wrong, it's perspective.

Plus, your examples are pretty bad. Wieskamp was going to Iowa no matter what from the time he was 5 years old and Green's dad has been on staff at UNI for most of the last 20 years. It wouldn't have been a good use of resources for Iowa State to throw more at those two then they did.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The organization is anti-ISU- some has to do their feeling Brady Ernst didn’t get treated right in his short time at ISU, some of it is they have stronger connections to IA and UNI’s staffs’. Other than Ernst, name a Barnstormer that went to ISU. But they have been IA and UNI’s farm club. I don’t think it’s been a huge loss for ISU- other than Green and JW, not many of their kids would have moved the needle much in the Big 12. I agree with Twins- BB would struggle at one end of the floor due to his size. But, that program is not pushing kids towards ISU either- they are in Fran’s backpocket.

We had a realistic shot at Green actually. Iowa didn't even want Born which is all you need to know

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This thread is like Covid, it just wont go away

Just when you think this thread is finally dead..........

tumblr_nz8izjLCkS1u3ev8zo1_500.gif

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This thread is like Covid, it just wont go away

No kidding... is there a way to block a specific thread?

This one is going to be popping up for the next 4 years with nothing new to add superseding worthy topics. Better off just avoiding it all together.

At least retread threads like Malou and Pelle had ISU offers and were reasonable what if's...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Iowa’s been some form of jacked up Barnstormer team for about 25 years.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Iowa and UNI have also had much more stability on their staffs and have made recruiting Iowa a priority while Iowa State has decided to go outside. Its all in the philosophy of building a program. Neither is right or wrong, it's perspective.

Plus, your examples are pretty bad. Wieskamp was going to Iowa no matter what from the time he was 5 years old and Green's dad has been on staff at UNI for most of the last 20 years. It wouldn't have been a good use of resources for Iowa State to throw more at those two then they did.
Yes, some of it is recruiting philosophy- and I’m glad IA has what you call stability in Fran. Maybe some of Prohm’s philosophy comes from knowing they won’t get a foot in the door with those kids?
As for my examples, I never said ISU should have or not have recruited Green or JW- I just said they are the only two that would have been impact players at ISU.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not opening it should work. Perhaps the thread title was confusing the first dozens of times you clicked on it, but by now you should have caught on.

I'll take "How to Get Put In Timeout" for $500, Alex

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes, some of it is recruiting philosophy- and I’m glad IA has what you call stability in Fran. Maybe some of Prohm’s philosophy comes from knowing they won’t get a foot in the door with those kids?
As for my examples, I never said ISU should have or not have recruited Green or JW- I just said they are the only two that would have been impact players at ISU.

Not sure I would use Fran and stability in the same sentence....

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I always cheer for UNI (except when they play ISU), and I like what I'm seeing so far out of Born. Looks like he and Green should be a great Missouri Valley duo for the next couple of years.

Drake/UNI battles should be fun for the foreseeable future. :D