Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I love Ahsoka. Funny thing is I'm actually the opposite. Basically all I really cared about seeing in S7 was her so I'm loving the last few.The Bad Batch ones I just didn't care about at all.

I love Ahsoka too and was happy to see her in episodes. My bigger issue is the two sisters. They are just annoying characters. The one is a total idiot and they both are super predictable. That said, I'm super excited to see Rosario Dawson in the Mandalorian.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I loved Russian Doll, and the creator is really interesting. I think Star Wars TV is where we're going to get the good stuff for the foreseeable future.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Mandalorian S3 has already started pre-production. I didn't realize they had already finished filming S2 before COVID-19 closed down most sets.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-mandalorian-season-3-in-the-works-disney-plus-1234586103/

Rosario Dawson has stated that her role as Asohka has not been confirmed yet, but she hasn't denied that's her character. My guess is there will be some type of reveal on May 4/Star Wars Day - possibly an appearance in a trailer for Mandalorian S2?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
If you haven't watched the Clone wars, the last two episodes have been outstanding. We are in the last story arch of the series and I'm really excited to see how this ends. Don't want to really give it away, but encourage all who have disney+ to watch.

Out of any of the new episodes this arc was the one I really was hoping they'd include, and did!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If you haven't watched the Clone wars, the last two episodes have been outstanding. We are in the last story arch of the series and I'm really excited to see how this ends. Don't want to really give it away, but encourage all who have disney+ to watch.

Out of any of the new episodes this arc was the one I really was hoping they'd include, and did!

I haven't watched today's yet but I'm PUMPED. The cliffhanger at the end of last week's episode was great.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

I haven't watch any of that series. Is the whole series worth watching?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I haven't watch any of that series. Is the whole series worth watching?

If your an above average fan, I would say it is. The later seasons are structured in story arcs of a couple episodes, so little mini movies. The earlier seasons jump around a little. So I would recommend finding the chronological list of episodes and going from there.

Again, overall, the later seasons are better than the earlier ones, with earlier seasons being more on the kid side. But the entire series falls during the period of the Clone wars and in a way redeems the films.

Also, if you do decide to watch, just know Ashoka is annoying at first, but gets better towards the end.

Also, Jon Favreau voices a character in some episodes.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
If your an above average fan, I would say it is. The later seasons are structured in story arcs of a couple episodes, so little mini movies. The earlier seasons jump around a little. So I would recommend finding the chronological list of episodes and going from there.

Again, overall, the later seasons are better than the earlier ones, with earlier seasons being more on the kid side. But the entire series falls during the period of the Clone wars and in a way redeems the films.

Also, if you do decide to watch, just know Ashoka is annoying at first, but gets better towards the end.

Also, Jon Favreau voices a character in some episodes.

So I'm fan but not a hardcore fan. What seasons would you suggest I watch?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
There have been various announcements regarding the Cassian Andor/Rogue One prequel series coming to Disney+ and wanted to give a breakdown:

*The series takes place 5 years before Rogue One movie

*Series was supposed to debut on Disney+ in 2021, but that may be delayed.

* Tony Gilroy has taken over as showrunner for the series. Gilroy was a co-writer for Rogue One, and was already part of the writing and directing teams. He will be writing and directing the pilot episode.

*Stephen Schiff was the original showrunner and was also part of the writing team, but stepped away due to creative differences. Schiff had previously worked on The Americans for FX.

*Series writing team is:
Tony Gilroy
Stephen Schiff (still credited)
Dan Gilroy - wrote and directed the movie "Nightcrawler"
Beau Willimon - developed and wrote for "House of Cards" on Netflix

*Diego Luna returns in the role of Cassian Andor

*Alan Tudyk returns as K2-SO

*Stellan Skarsgard & Kyle Soller were just announced as joining the cast last week. No roles were announced.

*Genevieve O'Reilly has joined the series and will play the role of Mon Mothma. She played the character in the Rogue One film.

*Denise Gough has joined the cast. No role announced.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/rogue-...rd-kyle-soller-disney-series-cast-1202911145/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...acouch&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_heat_vision

Reactions: Cycho1

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So I'm fan but not a hardcore fan. What seasons would you suggest I watch?

Clone Wars is very choppy. Some episodes are absolutely fantastic and some are honestly boring.

Rebels IMO is the best show that's been made - consistently good with great characters. Season 2 finale (Twilight of the Apprentice) is IMO the best thing that's been made in Star Wars for a while... but that said, it will hit a lot less if you haven't seen Clone Wars.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Clone Wars is very choppy. Some episodes are absolutely fantastic and some are honestly boring.

Rebels IMO is the best show that's been made - consistently good with great characters. Season 2 finale (Twilight of the Apprentice) is IMO the best thing that's been made in Star Wars for a while... but that said, it will hit a lot less if you haven't seen Clone Wars.
Could not agree more on the Season 2 finale. So well done

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
There have been various announcements regarding the Cassian Andor/Rogue One prequel series coming to Disney+ and wanted to give a breakdown:

*The series takes place 5 years before Rogue One movie

*Series was supposed to debut on Disney+ in 2021, but that may be delayed.

* Tony Gilroy has taken over as showrunner for the series. Gilroy was a co-writer for Rogue One, and was already part of the writing and directing teams. He will be writing and directing the pilot episode.

*Stephen Schiff was the original showrunner and was also part of the writing team, but stepped away due to creative differences. Schiff had previously worked on The Americans for FX.

*Series writing team is:
Tony Gilroy
Stephen Schiff (still credited)
Dan Gilroy - wrote and directed the movie "Nightcrawler"
Beau Willimon - developed and wrote for "House of Cards" on Netflix

*Diego Luna returns in the role of Cassian Andor

*Alan Tudyk returns as K2-SO

*Stellan Skarsgard & Kyle Soller were just announced as joining the cast last week. No roles were announced.

*Genevieve O'Reilly has joined the series and will play the role of Mon Mothma. She played the character in the Rogue One film.

*Denise Gough has joined the cast. No role announced.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/rogue-...rd-kyle-soller-disney-series-cast-1202911145/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-cassian-andor-disney-series-adds-two-actors-1291772?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR's Heat Vision_now_2020-04-24 13:20:49_acouch&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_heat_vision
I'm in; as always hope to see more of this stuff.

I will continue pining for a BSG-esque series focused on Rebel and Imperial units in the height of the Civil War, or during the wrap up of the war post RotJ

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron