Kysen Terukina

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
That's a nice late add. Kysen has slipped down the big board over time, but that seems like maybe it's because he's not as active nationally? Hard to be super active of course when your in Hawaii and its more challenging to travel.

Like the addition!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hopefully follows the trajectory/path like a Degen or Parker. Recruited a bit lower then develops into a stud

Reactions: Doc

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Should be a solid room guy but not exactly the caliber of wrestler we need to get back to where we should be. Welcome aboard Kysen!!

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Is Reeves projecting as a career 125 or potential to grow into 133?

Reeves is a very small 125. No chance he wrestles 133. Lucky if he grows into 125.

So Degen was a room guy also? Ranked #83 in the 2016 class

I guess if we are saying what a wonderful job they have done with #83 Jarrett Degen what about the job they have done with #11 Gomez, #23 Colbray, #45 Shapiro, #67 Gremmel, #78 Coleman.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Since Gomez and Shapiro have 3 years left, I have a hard time saying they are a failure.

Just don’t understand calling a guy a room guy before he ever steps in the room.

CyDawg23

Nov 13, 2017
I’ve been paying attention to the wrestling forum for years now. And I’m not going to be one who pumps rainbows and unicorns in a thread if it isn’t warranted. But to me ACSlater is either a horrible troll or a Negative Nancy you never ever ever ever want to have a beer with. Could be wrong. Should reserve judgment. But, man, what a buzzkill.

• Dumb
Reactions: simply1

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Since Gomez and Shapiro have 3 years left, I have a hard time saying they are a failure.

Just don’t understand calling a guy a room guy before he ever steps in the room.

Didn’t call either a failure but if you think Kysen is the type of recruit we need to get us over the hump and not just be a room guy then don’t expect us to be back to where we once were.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Reeves is a very small 125. No chance he wrestles 133. Lucky if he grows into 125.

I guess if we are saying what a wonderful job they have done with #83 Jarrett Degen what about the job they have done with #11 Gomez, #23 Colbray, #45 Shapiro, #67 Gremmel, #78 Coleman.

As buf stated, too early to call out the development of Gomez and Joel. Especially when Gomez was a R12 wrestler as a redshirt freshman in one of the toughest weight classes of all time. Colbray has come a very very long way with this staff and a lot of people on here were ready to give up on him. The staff has done a great job with him. Gannon has improved a lot too and had a very good chance at AA this past year. Coleman needs to have a big offseason, and he had a tough year but he still qualified and I have faith they’ll get him to R12/AA status.

Any others you’d like to discuss?

cywr89

May 14, 2009
This “room guy” is ranked #52 on InterMat. Only losses I can find were to #8 McNeil & #16 Mastrogiovanni. Has wins over Reyna (IA recruit), Munch 2x and Slyter the past couple of years. I doubt if he has had the best training situation so it will be interesting to see how he progresses after a few month in the room.