cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

Reactions: BCClone and cyfan92

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
What a rocket ship at the end of the day for stocks! Definitely feels like a corner was turned if you listen to Bloomberg and CNBC.

I'm probably selling tomorrow and then looking for another dip. All eyes on European COVID-19 data in the overnight

Reactions: BCClone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I don't see how in a couple months that company earnings weigh down the market a little bit.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
S&P 500 is now only 20% down from all-time highs in Mid-Feb. Was -40% plus only 2 weeks ago

Yep, don't understand this at all, we are not going back to business as usual in the next 30 days. And Q2 earnings are going to be horrible.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Peak this week and then head down below 18k again. Possibly mid 15 range per several people I follow.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
S&P 500 is now only 20% down from all-time highs in Mid-Feb. Was -40% plus only 2 weeks ago

The thing to remember with standard numbers like the dow jones, it has some basic staple stocks like walmart and such that weather this due to the hoarders and such. I have some stock that is a third of where it started before this and some that has came back a good portion. There are still a lot of stocks half of what they were.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
If the curve does flatten, at what point do politicians get pressured to open this thing back up?

This is a massive election year and politicians won't win many votes by keeping people unemployed

Reactions: khardbored

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If the curve does flatten, at what point do politicians get pressured to open this thing back up?

This is a massive election year and politicians won't win many votes by keeping people unemployed

It won't be a complete open up, but a gradual. The businesses that just got shut down....will be the first to open up. The first things to get shuttered (like schools and care centers) will be the last to be back up and going.

I think you will see the curve flatten and start dropping and then a timeframe of like two weeks out will be set.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
It won't be a complete open up, but a gradual. The businesses that just got shut down....will be the first to open up. The first things to get shuttered (like schools and care centers) will be the last to be back up and going.

I think you will see the curve flatten and start dropping and then a timeframe of like two weeks out will be set.

Agree it should be slow. But political pressure I feel will be loud. I'm most worried about a big spike if we do open up and it ruins the summer

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agree it should be slow. But political pressure I feel will be loud. I'm most worried about a big spike if we do open up and it ruins the summer

There will be something of a spike most likely IMO. we should be better prepared though.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
What suggests it will get that low? I anticipate this will bounce back faster as a lot of the losses aren’t really losses but more pauses.

There is a massive recession just starting? This is a shock right now, but we have 15% unemployment right now and Q2/Q3 earnings are going to be a bloodbath.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
There is a massive recession just starting? This is a shock right now, but we have 15% unemployment right now and Q2/Q3 earnings are going to be a bloodbath.
But is that at all because of some actual economic change. Assuming we get back to a more normal society in May jobs will recover. It’s going to be rough but the news is coming out that we are closer to the peak than the market thought. Do I expect the market to be back to it’s all time highs in the next month absolutely not but o think there is one smaller drop left and then it will be a slow path back as we start to restart the economy.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

I still think it will be a while, at least mid may. If you go too early, it is just going to spike again. People are going to be gun shy about being around others for a long time.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
what do people think of TWOU. I sold that stuff at 60 a couple of years ago and see it’s gone on quite the wild ride since.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Dow will open up at 23,500. It's like this is totally decoupled from reality.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron