***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I haven't heard anything about transfers besides were still in on Carton. This staff who is already quiet is even more quiet than usual

Part of that is the nature of this staff, part of that is the CoVid-19 dynamics but I also get the sense that part of it is the very real understanding that these 4 scholarships will have a big impact on their job stability.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wow, who would've thought this thread would devolve into arguing semantics on leftovers? So predictable. Keep on rationalizing in favor of that bad product tho!
"Guards currently getting recruited by Arkansas and Gonzaga are leftovers" Lol. You may be one of the most pessimistic people on here in regards to Iowa State basketball..

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I look forward to Arkansas getting a full roster. Tired of seeing Musslemen on almost every transfer’s list.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
"Guards currently getting recruited by Arkansas and Gonzaga are leftovers" Lol. You may be one of the most pessimistic people on here in regards to Iowa State basketball..

I am quite pessimistic about an Iowa State basketball coach and his under-qualified staff. Wouldn't argue with that. This is a good job and these are not qualified people running it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am quite pessimistic about an Iowa State basketball coach and his under-qualified staff. Wouldn't argue with that. This is a good job and these are not qualified people running it.
I understand your opinion on our coaching staff, however I disagree that the current guys on our radar are the leftovers. There are also still a lot of guys left. Let's just wait and see what happens eh?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Can you name any P5 player under 5'10 that has made any sort of significant contribution? .....

If the kid can play, even at 5'9"" we are in no position to pass. Not saying Gomez is a pro, but these NBA guys were all too short too:

Calvin Murphy
Muggsy Bogues
Avery Johnson
Damon Stoudimire
Michael Adams
Spud Webb
Nate Robinson
Earl Boykins

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don't know many who had this mindset, but if they did they were being very optimistic it'd turn out perfectly. Most people thought we needed 1 or 2 immediate impact guys. Picking up Buggs, Gomez, or both, still doesn't change that. The list is certainly thinning, but that doesn't mean we should panic. It's April 6th. Let's see how the chips fall and then make our evaluations after that.

The poster you’re quoting is noted for false hyperbole

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Brian Snow's updated available Grad Transfers available.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...ona-Alabama-Cincinnati-145755676/#145755676_1
1) Name: Justin Turner
Position: Scoring Guard
Schools Involved: Iowa State, Marquette, Missouri

Turner comes in as the best player available on the graduate transfer market. He combines good size, 6-foot-4 and 205 pounds, with the ability shoot, good athleticism, and a solid feel for the game. He was the most talented player in the MAC this past season and could be a top tier player on a good high-major from day one.
In 2019-20, Turner averaged 18.8 points and 4.6 rebounds per game while shooting 36 percent from three and 85 percent from the foul line.

2)Name: Bryce Aiken

Position: Combo Guard

Schools Involved: Iowa State, Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall

A combo guard who definitely likes to handle the ball, Aiken was one of the top performers in the Ivy League. Aiken only played seven games this past season and took a redshirt year. However, his last full season, 2018-19, he put up big numbers. He averaged 22.2 points per game while shooting 40 percent from three. Aiken is attracting major interest and is an immediate impact scorer from the guard spot for a high-major program.

12) Name: Terrell Gomez
Schools Involved: San Diego State, Iowa State, Arkansas, Washington State

A small but explosive player, the 5-foot-8 Gomez put up big numbers this past season at Cal State Northridge. Gomez scored 19.8 points per game, and shot 44 percent from the three point line. His quickness and shot making are top notch, and Gomez knows how to play against bigger athletes at his size. The adjustment will no doubt be big to the high-major level, but there is no question that he should be able to get buckets, and with his athleticism he can really push the pace on offense.

Note two that ISU has been linked to but not listed as involved:

10) Name: Darius Perry
Schools Involved: Georgia, Marquette, Arkansas, Gonzaga, Seton Hall, San Diego State

Perry started 40 games at Louisville and is looking for a place where he can have a role as a primary ball handler and point guard. He has been solid at the high-major level but could never quite get going at the ACC program. Perry averaged 5.2 points and 2.5 assists per game while shooting 39 percent from three this past season in limited attempts. A scorer coming out of high school, Perry’s biggest strength is his ability to defend, and with a consistent role, might see increased production.

13) Name: Drew Buggs
Position: Point Guard
Schools Involved: Oregon, Washington State, California, Utah State, San Diego State, Colorado State

A transfer from Hawaii, Buggs is a true point guard who knows how to run a team. This past season for Hawaii, Buggs showed his well rounded game scoring 9.4 points, dishing out 5.3 assists, and pulling in 4.5 rebounds per contest. Buggs led the Big West in assists for the second consecutive season, and showed off a good feel and IQ for the game. Buggs isn't a great shooter, but at 6-foot-3 with tremendous feel for the game, his skills should translate to the high-major level.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Oh+moe+you+lonely+ugly+motherer_d456da_4947737.png

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
We could land Turner, Aiken and Carton and Malone and Halincandenza still wouldnt be satisfied. Just ignore them.

For the record like Aiken to Iowa State

Wrong. I have been on the record of wanting all of those guys. I like Murphy from Rise as well as a sit out guy. I am just not high on every single guy ISU goes after just because they go after them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wrong. I have been on the record of wanting all of those guys. I like Murphy from Rise as well as a sit out guy. I am just not high on every single guy ISU goes after just because they go after them.

Do you want Iowa State to add Gomez? Yes or no?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron