***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
If we are waiting for the leftovers, than we have no chance next year, but Foster, Shayok, and others says he can get good players here.
Foster is an unknown. He’s brought in some good players, but he’s also brought in more that we’re not Big 12 caliber players.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If we don’t get much as far as transfers, do you see us being better than last year?

I mean Nebraska was way worse than us last year and we return better players than they do in just Bolton and Solo so yeah I'll go ahead and disagree with you

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I mean Nebraska was way worse than us last year and we return better players than they do in just Bolton and Solo so yeah I'll go ahead and disagree with you
It’s not crazy to think Nebraska will be 5+ wins better than they were last year and us be more of the same. We will see though, Nebraska was a lot worse overall.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I'm confused why people think the cupboard is barren. Bolton, Conditt, potentially Johnson, and the new guys coming in are all exciting pieces. Solo took a step forward which I did not see coming.

We have FOUR open scholarships and there are going to be thousands of players in the portal. We have been heavily linked to some high profile transfers. It takes time for these guys to make decisions and we are in uncharted territory right now regarding that process.

R-E-L-A-X

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm confused why people think the cupboard is barren. Bolton, Conditt, potentially Johnson, and the new guys coming in are all exciting pieces. Solo took a step forward which I did not see coming.

We have FOUR open scholarships and there are going to be thousands of players in the portal. We have been heavily linked to some high profile transfers. It takes time for these guys to make decisions and we are in uncharted territory right now regarding that process.

R-E-L-A-X
Having an inflated perception of a couple of those players helps.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Basically we're solid and have depth at 2 positions, SG and C. I'm banking Johnson is an upgrade at the 3 or small ball 4 otherwise Griffin and Lewis may of stayed. I'm confident Prohm will get his PG, he always has. That leaves one spot and we currently have 3 candidates in the upcoming Freshman class. Hoping we find a transfer to fill that spot, regardless we aren't that far out.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Interesting timing in Gopher Land today. I think we all know lil Richard Pitino isn't above dancing on the line of recruiting.

@RyanJamesMN "Minnesota Basketball - Conroy Promoted to Associate Head Coach"
Richard Pitino announced Saturday that assistant coach Ed Conroy has been elevated to the title of associate head coach.

@GoodmanHoops Digging into background of Drake transfer Liam Robbins and just found out his uncle is Minnesota asst. Ed Conroy. Conroy's son, Hunter, also on Gophers team. Sure looks like a no-brainer for 7-foot Robbins (who numerous Valley coaches told me is a future pro) to wind up a Gopher.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Steve's a nice guy. He makes sure everyone gets their fill of
Interesting timing in Gopher Land today. I think we all know lil Richard Pitino isn't above dancing on the line of recruiting.

@RyanJamesMN "Minnesota Basketball - Conroy Promoted to Associate Head Coach"
Richard Pitino announced Saturday that assistant coach Ed Conroy has been elevated to the title of associate head coach.

@GoodmanHoops Digging into background of Drake transfer Liam Robbins and just found out his uncle is Minnesota asst. Ed Conroy. Conroy's son, Hunter, also on Gophers team. Sure looks like a no-brainer for 7-foot Robbins (who numerous Valley coaches told me is a future pro) to wind up a Gopher.
Much rather see him go there than to Fran. If he goes to Fran, I guess good things do happen to bad people (I suppose the same could be said about Pitino Jr)

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Saturday Night's Update:

PG Justice Hill: Salt Lake CC - 6'0"
PG Darious Perry (GT):
PG Drew Buggs (GT):
PG Charles Minlend Jr. (GT):
PG DJ Carton (T-3):
CG AJ Walker (T-2):
CG Keon Ellis (JC): 3/17/20
SG Koreem Ozier (T-2):
SG Bryce Aiken (GT): ISU, Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall
SG Trey Murphy III (T-2):
SG Terrell Gomez (GT): Arkansas, ISU, San Diego State, Washington State
SG Alan Griffin (T-2): Arizona, Dayton, ISU, Miami, Syracuse, Texas
SG Justin Turner (GT): Mizzou, Xavier, Marquette, Arkansas, Louisville, ISU

Last edited:

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I'm curious who you think I have an inflated perception of? Conditt should have been better this year, that much is true. Johnson is an unknown, but has the body and his numbers at Troy were decent. Other than that Bolton is a great piece who I expect to get better, and the recruits we have coming in look really solid.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Saturday Night's Update:

PG Justice Hill: Salt Lake CC - 6'0"
PG Darious Perry (GT):
PG Drew Buggs (T-1):
PG Charles Minlend Jr. (GT):
PG DJ Carton (T-3):
CG AJ Walker (T-2):
CG Keon Ellis (JC): 3/17/20
SG Koreem Ozier (T-2):
SG Bryce Aiken (GT): ISU, Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall