Led Zeppelin

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I just looked up this band called Led Zeppelin and apparently they were popular between 1968-1980. Lol ok boomers.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
source.gif

Excellent band. Deserves to be listened to and appreciated.

But Top 3 all-time? Naw.
Did you know David Coverdale was in Deep Purple back in the 70's?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Radiohead, now that's where I go for some fun music, not some ****** boomer band.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Radio head was hipster before hipster was a thing. To the point they would not play their hit songs because they didn’t feel like it. So if you were a fringe fan and went to their show and bought tickets. Most likely would not get to hear any song you knew. That was enough to say screw that band. They have some good stuff but mostly over rated

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Radio head was hipster before hipster was a thing. To the point they would not play their hit songs because they didn’t feel like it. So if you were a fringe fan and went to their show and bought tickets. Most likely would not get to hear any song you knew. That was enough to say screw that band. They have some good stuff but mostly over rated

Radiohead has been around for nearly 30 years. You’re overrated.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I actually like it when bands do this.

Also shows they have some freedom in their contracts which is pretty cool.

If you paid a bunch of money to hear the hits, that's on you.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Creep came out in '92? Radiohead is an incredible band, influenced a generation of emo artists.

Led Zeppelin is an incredible band. Influenced the entire '80's hair band genre. All poor imitations.

I don't think there is another band with the talent at every instrument and vocalist than Led Zeppelin. Page and Plant came to Hilton on their MGD Tour. It was an incredible show. So glad I had a chance to at least see those two, with Bonham's son on drums I believe. They did an acoustic Going to California that made my year.

If push came to shove I would listen to Zeppelin, but I would be pretty sad never hearing Fake Plastic Trees again.

LancelotClone

Apr 18, 2018
I actually like it when bands do this.

Also shows they have some freedom in their contracts which is pretty cool.

If you paid a bunch of money to hear the hits, that's on you.

It's for the extra douchey who normally listen to bands "you've probably never heard of".

That way they can go to a concert and say they are there for the songs the average Radiohead fan doesn't listen to.

tolstoy

Aug 17, 2016
Not giving the people who literally pay to make your freaking tour possible is douche canoe level asshat punk stuff. Hey, it’s not like your band just poured out of a stinky, beat up Chevy van in front of some nothing bar in the middle of South Dakota. You probably just flew first class, transfered to a half million dollar tour bus, then rolled on up to a 14,000, seat arena where a million dollar sound and light show has been assembled by a crew of minimum wage union works for you to do your thing. Hell, you didn’t even have to tune any of the 13 guitars you make the 4 semi trucks that haul all your crap from venue to venue. Least you could do is play the 4 songs that everyone in your audience likes.

Or you could just be Tom Petty where literally every song you play during a two hour set is some giant top ten hit.

I say this as someone who likes Radiohead, just never saw them live. I did witness the Smashing Pumpkins do this same crap, and I thought it was major BS then.

tolstoy

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you’re older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Reactions: LindenCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron