Jeff Hornacek funny article

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'd have liked it better if there had been just a dinky mention of Iowa State somewhere in that.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Would Jeff ever consider coming home?
I think that bridge is burned. IIRC his agent tried to use our job opening as a way to strong arm the Suns into giving Hornacek an extension. "Better extend us or we'll leave for ISU" type of thing. It backfired. He didn't get the ISU job (obviously) and he got fired from the Suns mid-season the next year.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think that bridge is burned. IIRC his agent tried to use our job opening as a way to strong arm the Suns into giving Hornacek an extension. "Better extend us or we'll leave for ISU" type of thing. It backfired. He didn't get the ISU job (obviously) and he got fired from the Suns mid-season the next year.

Didn’t Jeff and Abby come to one of the alumni reunions recently?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Would Jeff ever consider coming home?
You mean Elmhurst, IL?

Man, I am far too young to remember Jeff at ISU, but I vividly remember him and John Stockton reminding me what it would look like if my Dad played in the NBA.

Reactions: WhoISthis

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
that article plays it up like she's some blonde sorority girl, but she was a DI volleyball player.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
The last time we hired a former ISU basketball star, it turned out pretty well!!

Having Abby in Ames a couple times a year wouldn't hurt either.. She's so far out of 99.99999999% of our range it just isn't fair.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The last time we hired a former ISU basketball star, it turned out pretty well!!

Having Abby in Ames a couple times a year wouldn't hurt either.. She's so far out of 99.99999999% of our range it just isn't fair.

Seems low

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
First...great googely moogely Abby is a gorgeous.

Second...I doubt that bridge is truly burned. D minus per ASCE?...probably, but Jeff's a Cyclone and errbody knows agents gon agent.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
They both look good in cardinal and gold ... if you ignore the school logos.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That shot from behind the basket is sick. I watch it again and I still can't believe it goes in. Just about impossible from that far back.

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
Good thing I’m not the AD because I would open the vault for a ex-NBA head coach for multiple teams who is also an alum.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Your choice of TJ, Hoiberg or Hornacek as next Iowa State coach...who do you choose and why?

I am going to go TJ. He's the best recruiter, has paid his dues, and is ready. I was against hiring him after Hoiberg (didn't think he was proven yet), but would go with him now. Wouldn't complain at any of the 3.

Reactions: Peter

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Your choice of TJ, Hoiberg or Hornacek as next Iowa State coach...who do you choose and why?
I'd go with Fred as long as he bring his bag man Abdelmassih with him to bring in warm bodies.

Ask me this time next year, my answer could change depending on how year 2 goes for TJ. He really hasn't moved the needle for me as a head coach, despite already getting promoted once. He won with another dude's players at South Dakota State, which included one of the best college basketball players this decade. Not a great year at UNLV, although they did show strides as the year progressed.

Jeff would be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: Peter and CloneFan4

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I am going to go TJ. He's the best recruiter, has paid his dues, and is ready. I was against hiring him after Hoiberg (didn't think he was proven yet), but would go with him now. Wouldn't complain at any of the 3.

This is my guy too.

I just feel like there wouldn't ever be program stability with Fred or Horny. Both have jumped around in the game and Fred's past flirting with other jobs makes me distrust that this time would be any different.

Reactions: LindenCy

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
I'd go with Fred as long as he bring his bag man Abdelmassih with him to bring in warm bodies.

Ask me this time next year, my answer could change depending on how year 2 goes for TJ. He really hasn't moved the needle for me as a head coach, despite already getting promoted once. He won with another dude's players at South Dakota State, which included one of the best college basketball players this decade. Not a great year at UNLV, although they did show strides as the year progressed.

Jeff would be interesting to say the least.

I know TJ inherited Mike Daum but I give him credit for recognizing what he had and building his entire team around it. In other words, I don't think Wigginton would have been coming off the bench for TJ.

I started to follow SDSU a little after it became apparent the Clones were going nowhere and i felt that they played really hard for TJ which was a contrast to I was seeing in Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron