Financial hit not so bad but we need fall football ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Reactions: cycloneML

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We aren’t going to have fall football, so prepare yourselves now for the bad news when it’s eventually announced.

It also means we’re going to be stuck with Prohm for the full extent of his deal, and the pedestrian bridge should be called off now.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We aren’t going to have fall football, so prepare yourselves now for the bad news when it’s eventually announced.

It also means we’re going to be stuck with Prohm for the full extent of his deal, and the pedestrian bridge should be called off now.

Yep, all these things could very well happen.

And us, the spectator, will live.

Reactions: Doc

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yep, all these things could very well happen.

And us, the spectator, will live.

Totally agree.

I just think there’s a slim to none chance of there being fall football, so prepare yourself now.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA

Come May if not the end of April everything will start to go back to normal

Reactions: aauummm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

I’m gonna predict we go into full shutdown in November while we are on a historic 9-1 start and don’t get to play out the rest of next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acylum

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I'll admit I have absolutely no idea what's coming. But the thought of this pandemic still going in September really depresses me.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yep, get the dozers out and turn it into a parking lot!! I think I've heard that saying from somewhere.... hmmmm. I will show myself the door now.

giphy.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I just think the problem is preparedness. Football is a dangerous sport. If you've cut out Spring Ball and in any way have to cut back on fall practices it's going to be difficult.

I could see them buying some extra time by eliminating the non-conference.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Who knows what's going to happen, but we're talking about something that would commence five months in the future that could still happen with a 45-60 day training period for preseason. Guys used to show up at NFL training camps from their offseason jobs and used the pre-season to get in shape.

Look how quickly facts are changing on the ground as we speak. Look how quickly things changed in the last two weeks. Hot takes that life as we know it is coming to an end seem to be popular these days.