BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I guess washington state was just extremely slow in reporting. They were way later than anybody else and the final numbers did not decrease.

Local medical word is that the test kits in our area are rationed hard. Not sure if the 1.9MM test kits hit today or not, but they were mostly headed for NY, Washington and such.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Any Vanguard users in here? I have been unable to login for the past two days (personal investor site). Just need to get some tax numbers out of there and can't.

I got in today. Will go try again to check it.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Any Vanguard users in here? I have been unable to login for the past two days (personal investor site). Just need to get some tax numbers out of there and can't.

I’ve been logged in and moved money almost daily over the last 2 weeks with no issues.

L

LincolnWay187

TSLA finally getting back down to the point of sanity as my buy point for other things. ~$350 / share. Boeing trading like they are out of business, I did not expect that much carnage.
I think the us gov steps in for boeing and they pop up. I mean besides airliners they are also producing drones and f18s which thr gov needs. At minimum they get bought up by lockheed or something

• Disagree
Reactions: pulse

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
You were a supporter of these tax cuts. What did you think they were gonna do with their money?

Completely separate ideas. I think they should let Boeing go chapter 11 clean out all board members and exec's. Then maybe provide funding to reorganize. Then we can change the open market buybacks.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I've kept a good chunk of non-emergency money out of any investments (not smart, I know) for opportunities like this, a real estate buy, etc. I've been thinking I'd jump in at 23k, then 20k, now I don't even have a number because its difficult to see the Dow go anythere but down when most business is frozen. Maybe 16k?

What's everyone else's strategy?

blizzisu

Nov 4, 2009
Polk City, IA
I've kept a good chunk of non-emergency money out of any investments (not smart, I know) for opportunities like this, a real estate buy, etc. I've been thinking I'd jump in at 23k, then 20k, now I don't even have a number because its difficult to see the Dow go anythere but down when most business is frozen. Maybe 16k?

I'm going to up my 401k contributions starting with the 3/31 paycheck. Haven't decided what amount yet, but somewhere in the 25-50% withholding range.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

My charts said 18.6 for full retracement. Been buying on the down for this week, about 70% done.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was considering Nike last night. Didn't have time to check them out, thought about just throwing a 65 bid in. Need to spend more time.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I've kept a good chunk of non-emergency money out of any investments (not smart, I know) for opportunities like this, a real estate buy, etc. I've been thinking I'd jump in at 23k, then 20k, now I don't even have a number because its difficult to see the Dow go anythere but down when most business is frozen. Maybe 16k? isk

I am still sitting with about 40% less risk assets than typical. Have just nibbled a little. It is difficult to sit on the sidelines. I want to see a little more red in the blood that's in the streets.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Watch out tomorrow especially in names like Tesla. It is options expiration and these things really drive a huge part of the market. So it's going to be a rough ride, no idea which direction though.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Watch out tomorrow especially in names like Tesla. It is options expiration and these things really drive a huge part of the market. So it's going to be a rough ride, no idea which direction though.

it was up like 20% today even as more of the country gets locked-down. even simon malls were up 25% i have no idea what is driving the markets these days.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
it was up like 20% today even as more of the country gets locked-down. even simon malls were up 25% i have no idea what is driving the markets these days.

Very few people do. There are bargains out there if people are willing to buy and not look for a year. If you’re brave, the last 40 minutes of the market can make you rich if you can guess which direction the train is going to go. It will give 10% returns each of the last 3 days just in that time frame. 2 up 1 down over those three.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I think they were due for some optimism. I’m assuming it may tank again come Monday but what do I know.

L

LincolnWay187

High five to whomever was recommending UCO. I put in $280 and made 70 in one day. Why didnt you convince me to out in more hahaha

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I’ve scaled in on the way down. Probably 30% of the way there for me. Not sure when to pull the trigger in a big way - any targets on the Dow out there? Thinking of getting extremely aggressive at 18 and 16k but I have no science behind that.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I’ve scaled in on the way down. Probably 30% of the way there for me. Not sure when to pull the trigger in a big way - any targets on the Dow out there? Thinking of getting extremely aggressive at 18 and 16k but I have no science behind that.

i pulled everything out last week and got back into my Starbucks (SBUX) and Chimera REIT (CIM) yesterday. I forgot about the wash sale rule so my cost basis is higher than i wanted it to be but lower than where it would have been had i not pulled everything out.

i'm going to take the remaining cash and put 1/6 in the markets every monday for the next 6 weeks.