***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Perry has averaged less than 6 points a game each of the last three years at Louisville. It might work out but it would be far from a a homerun.

There’s a reason why so many good programs are after him. He started 55 ACC games for a program that was in the top 25 for most of that time. We would only be so lucky to have him be our starting PG next year. Shayok averaged something like 8ppg at Virginia when he transferred here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Surprised Perry is getting that much attention.
I just watched his highlights and he looked impressive coming out of high school. #72 prospect per rivals, but didn't seem like he could ever figure it out at Louisville for whatever reason. I know Lousville started two senior guards, so I think that would be part of the reason why there were games he didn't log that many minutes and didn't get up many shots. He also was never the focal point as Jordan Nwora was their go to man and they constantly were running actions for Ryan McMahon who was a dead eye shooter.

IMO, he'd be a good get. He doesn't jack up a ton of shots, his A/TO ratio was almost at 2:1 (5 assists away from right at it), and he was a 40% three point shooter.

I'd rather have Bryce Aiken, but I think this guy would be good too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just my opinion, but I don't believe Steve is going to recruit solely with next year in mind, as he's just not that kind of short term guy. So I wouldn't be surprised if he does take at least one sit out.
And that's how he should be recruiting. No doubt Prohm wants to be good next year, but he also is trying to build for years to come. Solely taking immediate transfers may not work out because he'll then have to go and replace those guys again next year.

If someone else ends up leaving I believe we'll have three scholarships open. I would assume two of those would be used on immediately eligible guys, and one sit out. If we only end up having two open, I assume Prohm will do one of each.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
We have a known second target. Immediate help too.

@coreyevans_10 Arizona State, Wichita State, Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Iowa State are among the group that have placed a phone call in this evening for Louisville grad-transfer Darius Perry, a source tells @RivalsPortal
6'2 195 pg Louisville grad transfer
Career 5 pts/game 36% 3s

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I just watched his highlights and he looked impressive coming out of high school. #72 prospect per rivals, but didn't seem like he could ever figure it out at Louisville for whatever reason. I know Lousville started two senior guards, so I think that would be part of the reason why there were games he didn't log that many minutes and didn't get up many shots. He also was never the focal point as Jordan Nwora was their go to man and they constantly were running actions for Ryan McMahon who was a dead eye shooter.

IMO, he'd be a good get. He doesn't jack up a ton of shots, his A/TO ratio was almost at 2:1 (5 assists away from right at it), and he was a 40% three point shooter.

I'd rather have Bryce Aiken, but I think this guy would be good too.

Yeah I think he would be a solid addition, just nothing like Kane or Shayok type of impact. And they need someone really impactful if they are going to improve.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I think he would be a solid addition, just nothing like Kane or Shayok type of impact. And they need someone really impactful if they are going to improve.
Yeah I would agree. He'd probably fill the void of the PG position but getting a small forward who can play that 3/4 position would be huge. Unless of course Prohm is putting a ton of stock into Johnson being that guy. I think that'd be a big jump for him to produce at that high of a level.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Keon Ellis (6’5, G, 2020) of FL Southwestern has been offered by Iowa State. Juco

Shot 40% from 3 this year and 80% from the line. Also appears to be a good athlete with a long wingspan and can defend. You never know how Juco kids translate but looks like he could be a really good addition.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

This guy right here is 100% what we're in need of / looking for. A guy who can score at every level, crashes the boards hard, and is long and athletic on the defensive end.

There will most likely be a dip in production coming from JUCO to D1 (especially the Big 12), but if there's only a slight dip or even no dip at all, he could be very very good.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I’m not huge on JUCO’s. However, this Keon Ellis kid intrigued me. Good length, good film and pretty good stats. He could start and give us some length and scoring on the wing.

Add Darius Perry and Keon Ellis and we could have a chance to be solid.

Darius Perry
Rasir Bolton
Keon Ellis
Javan Johnson
Solomon Young
6. Tre Jackson
7. George Conditt
8. Xavier Foster
9. Darlinstone Dubar
10. Dudley Blackwell

Reactions: srjclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’m not huge on JUCO’s. However, this Keon Ellis kid intrigued me. Good length, good film and pretty good stats. He could start and give us some length and scoring on the wing.

Add Darius Perry and Keon Ellis and we could have a chance to be solid.

Darius Perry
Rasir Bolton
Keon Ellis
Javan Johnson
Solomon Young
6. Tre Jackson
7. George Conditt
8. Xavier Foster
9. Darlinstone Dubar
10. Dudley Blackwell
If Grill plays like he did in his last game, he'll play quite a bit next year too.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If Grill plays like he did in his last game, he'll play quite a bit next year too.

Yeah, Grill may never develop into THE guy, but he oozes the potential to become a serious glue guy, doing whatever the team needs, all over the court.

Jackson and Grill flashing a lot in those last few games made me feel better.

Neither might ever be a star, but if they are at least good bench guys/low-end starters next year and average Big 12 starters as upperclassmen, they worked out.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Neither might ever be a star, but if they are at least good bench guys/low-end starters next year and average Big 12 starters as upperclassmen, they worked out.

I think Jackson has star potential. I'll put his ceiling at poor man's Jevon Carter

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I'm hoping both will end up being role guys and by their senior years, fans and other coaches will say "Jeez, those guys haven't graduated yet?"