Zion Griffin Transferring

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Are we going to have 4 players transfer OUT of ISU in a 12 month period?

Other than his first class, Prohm has had to bring in at least 4 kids every season. We will probably have 7 newcomers next season. The victim of his own recruiting thing is bs, he's had 3 guys leave early for the NBA(nothing positive about Lard's exit,doesn't count) , 2 actually get drafted, 1 4/5 year player and a ton of kids who transferred out. He's either missed on or didn't develop a bunch of kids.

He's had 5 HS recruits that played a major role and 7 that left without much of an impact. That's not even counting the 2 that left this year, I think TJ will be solid, Grill is still a question mark. Even if you have CG as a success it's still just 7 kids that made it vs 9 that didn't.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Other than his first class, Prohm has had to bring in at least 4 kids every season. We will probably have 7 newcomers next season. The victim of his own recruiting thing is bs, he's had 3 guys leave early for the NBA(nothing positive about Lard's exit,doesn't count) , 2 actually get drafted, 1 4/5 year player and a ton of kids who transferred out. He's either missed on or didn't develop a bunch of kids.

He's had 5 HS recruits that played a major role and 7 that left without much of an impact. That's not even counting the 2 that left this year, I think TJ will be solid, Grill is still a question mark. Even if you have CG as a success it's still just 7 kids that made it vs 9 that didn't.

Do other schools have a much better success rate with players?

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
We had enough room to recruit Aquan Smart (Xavier Foster's AAU teammate from Niles North Chicagoland) before Tyrese declared or this happened. Now I am almost positive Aquan is a Cyclone. Jaden Walker and Aquan Smart would give us solid PG play for years to come.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls

My question is why did he decide to go with recruiting classes of mostly incoming freshmen instead of what got him where he is and what he talked about continuing to do is mixing in a variety of sources, freshmen, juco, transfers. By doing more of the juco and transfer route it ensures you always have older rosters which usually means good things. Freshmen are always a crap shoot every program in the country has misses on those.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
We had enough room to recruit Aquan Smart (Xavier Foster's AAU teammate from Niles North Chicagoland) before Tyrese declared or this happened. Now I am almost positive Aquan is a Cyclone. Jaden Walker and Aquan Smart would give us solid PG play for years to come.

even with the Foster connection i’m not sure it’s going to be as easy to flip a guy from Maryland to ISU as you seem to think it is

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

I don’t think they need a HS recruit

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
even with the Foster connection i’m not sure it’s going to be as easy to flip a guy from Maryland to ISU as you seem to think it is

The only spot we had when our coaches were scouting him in season was the guarantee non guarantee that Haliburton was going pro. Now we def have a spot.

A lot more than we prev had