This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Extending your logic. Isn't almost any game available on ESPN+? There is a difference between the games offered on ESPN+ and their standard channels. ESPN is trying to push people towards streaming, but still reserves (for the most part) the best games and broadcast games for the established channels. So saying it is available anywhere there is internet is like saying their is air available anywhere. Your response was pedantic. When the Final 4 is only available on ESPN+, then your argument will carry weight.

I'm not certain what you're trying to argue. ESPN+ is available everywhere with Internet.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Man last night was a great game, boys should be proud of themselves

Prohm love for last nights performance isn’t necessary, though. Last time he coached well in a tournament he was also coming off a season where he underperformed and didn’t meet expectations and ended up with an extension and a raise

Prohm love? Can you cite some specific examples?

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
After losing most of the scoring off of last year's team and having to start almost completely over, you are willing to get rid of a coach who has had so much success? That makes less sense. The team didn't give up on him and neither should we.
How is being 18-36 in conference play in the last 3 years and 0-3 vs. P5 schools in the NCAA tournament overall considered so much success?

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
After losing most of the scoring off of last year's team and having to start almost completely over, you are willing to get rid of a coach who has had so much success? That makes less sense. The team didn't give up on him and neither should we.
Remember that annoying geico commercial where the old guy using a fishing pole with a line attached to a dollar bill keeps messing with people trying to grab it? You're the person trying to grab the dollar.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: awd4cy and adjl

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
What a gritty effort by the guys tonight. To be it actually shows why CSP deserves to stay. He needs to show progress next year but the guys really showed up for him tonight.

I think Prohm deserves another year, but if you think a first round loss in the Big 12 tournament shows "why he deserves to stay" it's time for a little higher expectations. This season was, in all ways, an unmitigated disaster. The only reason Prohm deserves more time is due to his prior accomplishments. Nothing from this year should be taken as a positive.

Last edited:

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I think Prohm deserves another year, but if you think a first round loss in the Big 12 tournament is shows "why he deserves to stay" it's time for a little higher expectations. This season was, in all ways, an unmitigated disaster. The only reason Prohm deserves more time is due to his prior accomplishments. Nothing from this year should be taken as a positive.
Without 2 of our best players and a bunch of young guys we lost to a team full of seniors at the last second in the best conference tournament in the country. Pretty gritty effort.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Without 2 of our best players and a bunch of young guys we lost to a team full of seniors at the last second in the best conference tournament in the country. Pretty gritty effort.

I just want to follow along...Okie State was a juggernaut even though they finished 8th in the Big 12. I want to make sure we're all on the same page going forward. Does not matter if it is the best conference tournament in the country. I just want to ensure, going forward, we all agree Okie State was an outstanding team this season.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I just want to follow along...Okie State was a juggernaut even though they finished 8th in the Big 12. I want to make sure we're all on the same page going forward. Does not matter if it is the best conference tournament in the country. I just want to ensure, going forward, we all agree Okie State was an outstanding team this season.

In High school we ran the exact same play Okie Lite closed the game out with. We called it 32 ISO. Could someone post the fullback's clear out block infront of the rim?

Reactions: isu83

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

The poor state of the roster is the responsibility of the coach who is in charge of recruiting, development, and retention.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
In High school we ran the exact same play Okie Lite closed the game out with. We called it 32 ISO. Could someone post the fullback's clear out block infront of the rim?

I guess it would have been a great season if not for that one play. ISU could have taken out the juggernaut that is OKIE St to put a cherry on top of this wonderful 20 loss season.