• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/bird...eed-richards-in-fantastic-four-reboot-a173118

John Krasinski says he would be down for playing Reed Richards if he was asked to. This is sweet to hear as he is my #1 choice for the role with his wife Emily Blunt playing Sue Storm. Sign them up!!!!!! Also, I don't care what anyone thinks of him, I want Zac Efron for Johnny Storm. I think the dude is a great actor and would be great in the role.

They do look the part and if we're honest everyone would love that they're married in real life.

John-Krasinski-and-Emily-Blunt-Fantastic-Four-artwork.png

I'm a big Silver Surfer fan and it always pains me how bad that FF movie is and how cool the MCU cosmic stuff is. They even took Surfer events and played them out with other characters like Hulk and Strange. He's one of the cooler characters that could be redeemed, he was a true rival of Thanos for a decade before the Infinity Gauntlet comics. At least most of the X-Men had a cool portrayal at some point even with the up and down quality. SS and FF have never been done well.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Speaking of MCU, I'm hearing GOG 3 won't even make 2023, now.

Not good.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
(Non-spoiler review) So, I finally finished Marvel's Runaway's Season 3 and while it had a few bright spots throughout, I thought it was the worst season yet of the show, and its documented on here well that I'm only so-so on the show anyway. Most the child actors and their subsequent characters on the show are just plain awful and borderline unwatchable. Most particularly bad are Gert, Molly and sometimes Nico. My goodness. While the Chase actor is alright, his forced zero-chemistry on-and-off relationship with Gert is one of the worst romances I've seen in all my years watching TV. The dialogue writing in particular for this show is just rip my eyeballs out painful. The plot and writing for this season in general was just all over the board. Just when you think the show is going one way, it goes a completely different direction with no reasoning and no payoff for everything you watched up until that point. You keep asking yourself "have I missed an epsiode or something"? What the heck is going on? There is no backstories either on any of the new characters. They pretty much just appear and are there.

Anyway, that was a lot of dogging on this season, and deservedly so, but like I started out with, there were a couple bright points in the show. Some of the magic stuff, while not having any background to it, was kind of fun. I also thought the season in general started out decent, took a really bad turn in the middle with a few episodes, then finished out at least somewhat on a slight uptick, even though I still wouldn't call it a good ending. Elizabeth Hurley did pretty decent as Morgan le Fey, even though her writing was bad.

With all that said, I'll come out with my new MCU and Superhero TV rankings soon to include this season, but as you can tell by my review, it will inevitably rank VERY low on both rankings. Also, after every Marvel TV finished season watched lately, especially after this one, it is becoming more and more clear why Disney is finally clearing the board with Marvel TV and making it go away. Its not just them that are finally done with them, but I'm becoming the same way. Especially lately with Runaways S3 and the last season of AOS, the canon between the two is really starting to split, especially with the time traveling elements. I'm a canon junkie and stuff like this really bothers me. There is also zero question to the quality disparity on average between the MCU movies and MCU TV shows. The fight for TV eyeballs seems to get harder and harder every year due to the explosion of high quality streaming services, and I see why TV shows like this just aren't performing up to par. I'm a big Marvel junkie which is essentially why I still follow along with a show like the Runaways, but I'm not sure why too many else would based on its overall quality and characters. Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts who maybe also has watched S3.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
@Triggermv

The planned sequel to The Rocketeer is reportedly back on track, and Sleight helmer JD Dillard is volunteering to direct the project himself. Back in 2016, it was announced that Disney had greenlit a sequel to the original movie called The Rocketeers with Max Winkler and Matt Spicer penning the script. Updates have been scarce on the project's status ever since, but a new report from The DisInsider suggests The Rocketeer 2 is back in development with Boomerang writer Azia Squire writing a new draft of the screenplay.

According to the report, The Rocketeer 2 is also intended to stream on Disney+ as opposed to bringing the franchise back to theaters.
https://movieweb.com/the-rocketeer-...z2x-QnRxQHtkBwT76XohXv3RyMS_XNghOLE3gpJ2KVFOk

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
After posting my Runaways S3 review above, the following is my MCU rankings to include it:
  1. Avengers: Engame - The perfect culmination of 10 years of storytelling helped along by an amazing script, which gave fans everything they could have ever wanted and more
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Thought this movie had the best drama and best writing and story line of all the movies. Its action sequences were probably only second to Civil War as well.
  3. The Avengers – Iconic way to pull everything together with the best villain in the MCU. The final battle was so epic and unlike anything we had ever seen up until that point.
  4. Captain America: Civil War - Most fun movie, produced the best action sequences, had some of the best character moments, and showcased the best balancing act of so many characters. Biggest weakness was having a very good, but not amazing story.
  5. Avengers: Infinity War - Amazing put together culmination of all the movies and characters so far. While it suffered at times from that weight, maybe Marvel's best villain help to pull everything together.
  6. Daredevil: Season 3 - Tremendous long-form storytelling with two amazing villains and the perfect crescendo ending. One of the best seasons of television in all of TV.
  7. Iron Man – Epic way to start the Universe with an unbelievable star for a headliner. Never got into the Iron Monger villain though.
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy – Best space epic since the original Star Wars movies. Also was probably the funniest movie of the MCU so far. Had a fairly generic villain though.
  9. The Punisher: Season 1 - Very complete Marvel series with great pacing, great story, superb casting, and amazing acting. Ben Barnes as Billy Russo is now one of my favorite actors and one of the best Marvel villains. Very stand-alone series with not enough crossovers.
  10. Daredevil: Season 2 - The introduction of Punisher in Season 2 was what truly made this season great and better than Season 2. Had a few pacing issues, but overall, the series improved all the characters within it from Season 1. Didn't love Elektra stuff.
  11. Spider-Man: Homecoming - Amazing casting on this movie with Tom Holland being the best Spider-Man yet. Also featured one of the greatest villains in the MCU in Michael Keaton, with one of the best scenes and best twists.
  12. Agents of Shield: Season 5 - Overall good season wrapped up by spectacular ending, which tied together all the character arcs as good as any series out there. Sticking the landing is what ranks this season so high.
  13. Daredevil: Season 1 – Loved the street-level and darker tone of this show. Also contains probably the second best villain in the MCU. Being on Netflix is a great way to remove all the normal problems of making a TV show for network viewing.
  14. Ant-Man - Had super-low expectations, but walked away pleasantly surprised. Yet another weak villain, but contained some great comedy with some great actors. Paul Rudd won me over as a fan.
  15. Captain America: The First Avenger – Epic first-half of the movie with Cap’s origin story, but believe it or not, I found Red Skull a little underdeveloped. Loved the WWII time period aspect of this one.
  16. Black Panther - Very good movie with great characters, superb character development, a good story arc, and a top 3 Marvel villain. However, its biggest downfall is some very poor action and CGI work.
  17. Agents of Shield: Season 4 - Awesome season with a very good two-part story line. Ghost Rider was movie quality all around (casting, acting, visuals, story) and fit perfectly into the story. Tons of fun with a lot of great emotion.
  18. Thor: Ragnarok - While I still find this movie to be a bit too much of a Taika Waititi film and not enough an MCU film, I've grown to like this movie more over time. Yes, it does go too comedy heavy, but I appreciate Marvel trying something new.
  19. Spider-Man: Far From Home - Fun unique movie with an amazing cast and lots of twists. While Mysterio was well-acted and fun, his start-end motivations fell short a bit.
  20. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Fun, hilarious smaller-stakes movie that is truly enjoyable to watch. However, the villains are forgettable and I found myself wishing for more emotional depth. Not quite as good as the first one.
  21. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Huge on the laughs, fun and heart, but a little mediocre on the story and substance. Also, went a little overboard at times where things got a bit campy. Characters were more fun than story.
  22. Jessica Jones: Season 1- Series filled with great actors, great drama, and one of the best villains in the MCU (Kilgrave)
  23. Luke Cage: Season 2 - Awesome season with lots of emotional depth, great story-telling, superb multi-dimensional villains and improved action. It also improved upon many so-so characters from S1.
  24. Iron Man 2 – Many will mock me, but I really enjoyed this movie and actually enjoyed it more than Iron Man 3. Make fun of me all you want, but I thought Whiplash was alright. I think this movie gets unfairly criticized.
  25. Doctor Strange - This was a Marvel formulaic origin story with some ground-breaking visual effects, a mediocre villain, an innovative ending, and some great characters. However, its biggest problem was probably how they introduced magic and the limiting weird rules around it.
  26. Jessica Jones: Season 3 - Much improved from S2 with good villains and a vast improvement to Trish/Hellcats character. Good wrap-up to the series.
  27. Avengers: Age of Ultron – Fun movie, but suffered from too much CGI action, too many characters, and too many storylines.
  28. Iron Man 3 – Just never really got into this one, and it probably had something to do with the big Mandarin villain twist. Also never really liked Killian either. Again, I surprisingly like Iron Man 2 better
  29. Thor– Don’t know what it is, but I just never got into this storyline or villains as much as the others. However, it is growing on me over time and I now like this more than Thor: The Dark World
  30. Captain Marvel - Decent origin story that fit well into MCU canon, but lacked the charisma, vulnerabilities, and charm I wanted from its main character
  31. Agent Carter: Season 1 – Loved the period timepiece aspect of this. Great show with good movie tie-ins.
  32. Luke Cage: Season 1 - Loved the music angle, Cottonmouth was great, loved the first 4 episodes. However, after the big twist, the second half of the season really went downhill.
  33. Thor: The Dark World – Criticize me if you will, but I liked this movie more than probably most, but after re-watching it recently, it did fall some in my rankings.
  34. Runaways: Season 2 - Much improved from S1 with more action, more suspense, better budget, and better writing. Still suffers from some weak-link child actors.
  35. Agents of Shield: Season 2 – Liked the less cheese and more serious tone than the first season. Also, loved the Inhuman’s storyline. Used to hate Skye, but now don’t mind her.
  36. The Incredible Hulk – Good movie, but not great. Never liked Norton for the role or the look they gave Hulk, so I was glad when the switch was made and they remade the Hulk's appearance.
  37. Agents of Shield: Season 6 - Decent story, acting and villains, but lacked from no tie-ins to Endgame or MCU canon at all
  38. Iron Fist: Season 2 - Good. Much better story, acting, villains and fighting than S1, but still suffers greatly from miscasting of Finn Jones
  39. Jessica Jones: Season 2 - Had some great character moments that draw you in as well as some decent pacing, but overall struggles mightily from being a really slow burn. Didn't love villain.
  40. Cloak and Dagger: Season 1 - Slower at times, but also good at times. Overall, this was a good season that just didn't stick the landing. Loved how they developed Cloak and Daggers powers.
  41. Cloak and Dagger: Season 2 - More consistent than S1, but with lower highs. Villain was just alright, but the effects and action for Cloak were spectacular.
  42. The Punisher: Season 2 - Amazing amped-up action sequences throughout (some of best in the MCU), but weighed down by poor writing and dialogue of certain characters.
  43. Runways: Season 1 - Had a good tone as well as some good character work throughout. However, the series lacked action, didn't have great action for what it had, and didn't really stick the landing.
  44. Agents of Shield: Season 1 – Struggled hardcore in the first half-dozen episodes, but then finally picked up when Winter Soldier story line set in and the cheese started to fade. Ended up decent.
  45. Agents of Shield: Season 3 - VERY up and down throughout. There was times I really liked what they were doing, whereas other times I didn't. Overall, the series got a little tired with too many forced fistfights and too much cheese.
  46. The Defenders: Season 1: Started out alright including a great hallway fight scene, but then fell apart from there, mostly dragged down by Iron Fist, poor storytelling, and poor dialogue.
  47. Agent Carter: Season 2 - Great actors and characters combined with a poor stand-alone story, which lacked substance and true stakes to the MCU
  48. Iron Fist: Season 1 - Terrible casting/acting for Danny Rand, boring story, poor fight sequences, and too low a budget resulted in Marvel TVs first major dud. Back half of season was better than front half.
  49. Runaways: Season 3 - Worsening characters, acting, and storytelling resulted in a tiresome season
  50. Inhumans - Garbage TV show. Bad acting, costumes, sets, directing, characterizations, special effects, and storytelling. This TV show was made fast and cheap as a money-grab and it shows.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Here too is my updated Superhero TV rankings to include Runaways: Season 3. As you can guess from my review above, it didn't fair too well.

1. Daredevil (Season 3)
  2. The Punisher (Season 1)
  3. The Flash (Season 1)
  4. Daredevil (Season 2)
  5. Agents of Shield (Season 5)
  6. Daredevil (Season 1)
  7. Agents of Shield (Season 4)
  8. Arrow (Season 2)
  9. Arrow (Season 1)
  10. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  11. Luke Cage (Season 2)
  12. Jessica Jones (Season 3)
  13. Supergirl (Season 4)
  14. Arrow (Season 5)
  15. The Flash (Season 2)
  16. Agent Carter (Season 1)
  17. Supergirl (Season 1)
  18. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  19. Runaways (Season 2)
  20. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  21. Agents of Shield (Season 6)
  22. The Gifted (Season 2)
  23. The Gifted (Season 1)
  24. Supergirl (Season 2)
  25. The Tick (Season 1)
  26. Iron Fist (Season 2)
  27. Arrow (Season 6)
  28. The Flash (Season 4)
  29. Legion (Season 1)
  30. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
  31. Krypton (Season 1)
  32. Powerless (Season 1)
  33. Cloak and Dagger (Season 1)
  34. Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
  35. The Punisher (Season 2)
  36. Runaways (Season 1)
  37. Gotham (Season 1)
  38. The Flash (Season 3)
  39. Agents of Shield (Season 1)
  40. Agents of Shield (Season 3)
  41. The Defenders (Season 1)
  42. Agent Carter (Season 2)
  43. The Flash (Season 5)
  44. Supergirl (Season 3)
  45. The Boys (Season 1)
  46. Legion (Season 2)
  47. Gotham (Season 2)
  48. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  49. Constantine (Season 1)
  50. Runaways (Season 3)
  51. The Tick (Season 2)
  52. Arrow (Season 3)
  53. Arrow (Season 7)
  54. Arrow (Season 4)
  55. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 1)
  56. Black Lightning (Season 1)
  57. Black Lightning (Season 2)
  58. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)
  59. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2)
  60. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4)
  61. Inhumans (Season 1)
Next up, I've finally picked up my first month of the DC streaming service where I plan to work through all the live-action series there including Swamp Thing, Titans, and Doom Patrol. I've started off with Swamp Thing and am already about half-way through.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...-to-play-jennifer-walters-in-she-hulk-a173438

Latest rumor is that Alison Brie is at the top of Marvel's wish-list to play Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk. While I know she is a pretty popular actress right now, I don't watch Glow or any of the other things she is in so I don't know a ton about her.

That casting would be in-line with hiring actors that were in the series Community which the Russo's were heavily involved with, although this would be a starring role rather than bit appearances.

Reactions: harimad

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...-to-play-jennifer-walters-in-she-hulk-a173438

Latest rumor is that Alison Brie is at the top of Marvel's wish-list to play Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk. While I know she is a pretty popular actress right now, I don't watch Glow or any of the other things she is in so I don't know a ton about her.

I think she could handle the physicality based on Glow pretty well. She can do comedy and drama really well too. Love to see her get in on Marvel.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Tessa Thompson has confirmed that Christian Bale will play the villain in Thor: Love & Thunder.

https://www.ign.com/articles/thor-4-christian-bale-to-play-the-villain-in-love-thunder

My initial guess would be that he is playing Dario Agger. Agger is a CEO for the Roxxon Corporation and also happens to be able to transform into a Minotaur. Agger is a featured character in the Thor: Goddess of Thunder storyline and the Roxxon Corporation has been shown in the background in some of the MCU films - including all 3 Iron Man stand-alone films.

Reactions: jdcyclone19

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Tessa Thompson has confirmed that Christian Bale will play the villain in Thor: Love & Thunder.

https://www.ign.com/articles/thor-4-christian-bale-to-play-the-villain-in-love-thunder

My initial guess would be that he is playing Dario Agger. Agger is a CEO for the Roxxon Corporation and also happens to be able to transform into a Minotaur. Agger is a featured character in the Thor: Goddess of Thunder storyline and the Roxxon Corporation has been shown in the background in some of the MCU films - including all 3 Iron Man stand-alone films.

Cloak and Dagger as well