Wilder v. Fury II

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Anyone watching? Predictions?

I couldn't stand Fury but last fight he won me over with his skill, especially defense. Still think Wilder should've gotten the decision, but was a good fight.

Tonight, I think Wilder ends it in <6.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I’m not planning to watch but do you need to pay for ESPN+ and the PPV? Is it a double whammy like a concert at the fair?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ref isn’t even watching Fury anymore, just watching Wilder to see if he can stay alive.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I've never had my eardrum burst from a punch, gotta wonder how much of an affect that had. Wilder didn't look right after round 1.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Wilder is a loud mouth. I always love to see a guy get his anus whooped after talking all kinds of crap.

So is Fury. But he backed it up. He said he wanted to knock Wilder out, I figured him coming forward all night he'd get caught at some point. Wrong on that. Wilder's one of those guys who has a single weapon (right hand power) that's so good he doesn't feel the need to develop other parts of his game (i.e. Andy Roddick and his big serve), then when he gets in with someone who can deal with it, he's got nothing else. Fury was gracious in victory, I've gained a ton of respect for him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So is Fury. But he backed it up. He said he wanted to knock Wilder out, I figured him coming forward all night he'd get caught at some point. Wrong on that. Wilder's one of those guys who has a single weapon (right hand power) that's so good he doesn't feel the need to develop other parts of his game (i.e. Andy Roddick and his big serve), then when he gets in with someone who can deal with it, he's got nothing else. Fury was gracious in victory, I've gained a ton of respect for him.
Can you imagine how tiring that had to be for Wilder when they tied up Fury would just lean on him basically over his shoulders?
Fury moved a lot better than I thought he would, the weight he came in at didn't seem to bother him. He's like a tall fat Brad Pitt from Snatch.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Can you imagine how tiring that had to be for Wilder when they tied up Fury would just lean on him basically over his shoulders?
Fury moved a lot better than I thought he would, the weight he came in at didn't seem to bother him. He's like a tall fat Brad Pitt from Snatch.

Agree. Though his rendition of 'American Pie' was a bit shaky.

There's a really good documentary called 'Knuckle' that's about Irish traveler bare-knuckle fighting that reminds me a lot of Fury.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Wilder is placing blame on his 40 pound costume for him losing the fight. Also threw his trainer under the bus for throwing in the towel, what a goof.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron