Daytona 500

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Guessing they put this out because of that reporter on pit road saying a Penske employee told him Newman was awake.

Was hoping you didn't say that. So bad then. Partner that with the spin from Gibbs team in the Daytona Media Center and I am gonna be sick

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Wow the Gibbs Team has entered the Spin Zone

And now the Spotter is taking the blame. Stay Classy Gibbs. For everyone that thought they were praying for Newman after the race, nope they were praising Jesus for the filthy win. Denny "Sterling Marlin" Hamlin punting the 12 into the 6

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Guessing they put this out because of that reporter on pit road saying a Penske employee told him Newman was awake.
So the guy who tweeted that Kobe's entire family was in the helicopter works for Penske now?
I don't take much I read on the internet to be the truth any more. Hopefully Newman will be okay.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

And now the Spotter is taking the blame. Stay Classy Gibbs. For everyone that thought they were praying for Newman after the race, nope they were praising Jesus for the filthy win. Denny "Sterling Marlin" Hamlin punting the 12 into the 6

Dude, it's a race. It's very terrible what happened, but that's part of racing, especially at Daytona. If you ever watch NASCAR, whenever a Gibbs car wins, the team gets together with Joe. Nothing wrong with celebrating. When Denny saw the replay, you could tell he was toned down. Playing them as the villain is ridiculous and not what people need to be doing right now.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Whoever designs the safety features on those cars deserves a pat on the back. That's something you can't even begin to plan for and the car did its job.

Absolutely amazing feat of engineering. There's no way someone should be able to survive that type of collision.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

It's unreal that's the take you have on this. In any other sport guys deny deny deny. I am not a Nascar guy but it seems like everyone is jumping in to take the blame when normal society everyone acts like it is not there fault.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
Dude, it's a race. It's very terrible what happened, but that's part of racing, especially at Daytona. If you ever watch NASCAR, whenever a Gibbs car wins, the team gets together with Joe. Nothing wrong with celebrating. When Denny saw the replay, you could tell he was toned down. Playing them as the villain is ridiculous and not what people need to be doing right now.

Joe Gibbs is the absolute last person anybody should be throwing shade at. He, his family, and his organization are first class all the way. I'm sure had he know the severity of the crash he would have handled it different. He did nothing wrong, nor Denny Hamlin.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron