Xavier foster vs norwalk.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Fwiw.... a few of my Hawkeye co-workers have said that Foster is considering transferring to Iowa already.... sitting out next season, and then taking over for Garza the year after that.

I wouldn't have believed them at all, but a fellow Cyclone friend of mine has also heard the same thing.

I have no idea what to believe, but it does make some sense. The two programs are definitely on a different trajectory right now.
clonedude gonna clonedude...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fwiw.... a few of my Hawkeye co-workers have said that Foster is considering transferring to Iowa already.... sitting out next season, and then taking over for Garza the year after that.

I wouldn't have believed them at all, but a fellow Cyclone friend of mine has also heard the same thing.

I have no idea what to believe, but it does make some sense. The two programs are definitely on a different trajectory right now.

I've heard this isn't true

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

yes, because a kid who just said on Instagram that he hopes to only play one or two years in college wants to completely sit out a year. Seems unlikely.

also, why do we think Garza won’t go pro?

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I’ve read that Foster said he only wants to be in college for 2 years. I highly doubt he’d go to Iowa and sit out a year if he truly wants to be a 2 and done guy. Doing that Iowa thing would essentially eliminate any chance of him being able to leave after 2 years.

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Why would XF want to sit out and transfer to a school that doesn’t have a single player on an NBA Roster?

LMFAO... 1 year where Iowa has a better season than ISU out of the past 10 years isn’t going to suddenly flip a kid to sit out a year.. lmao

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Why would XF want to sit out and transfer to a school that doesn’t have a single player on an NBA Roster?

LMFAO... 1 year where Iowa has a better season than ISU out of the past 10 years isn’t going to suddenly flip a kid to sit out a year.. lmao
This "rumor" isn't true lol.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Different trajectory over one year?

Xavier's goal is the NBA (in less than 4 years) and even if ISU W's are less than EIU's this year the overall success of getting players into the NBA is clearly in him playing in Ames. Xavier knows that and was the major reason he chose ISU non of those reasons changed.

Plus, ISU has already shown the ability to turn into a tourney team one year after a down year wiht a top 15 class coming in. What does EIU have in terms of talent once Garza and Weiskamp are gone? Trajectory shouldn't be a factor.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This is definitely why I come to CF -- hard-hitting journalism. And unsubstantiated hearsay (and probably made up anyways) from a poster with an axe to grind.

Yeah, call me crazy for not taking a guy who craps all over the program any chance he can get seriously.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
In this case Prohm wouldn't just let Foster out of his LOI without exclusions.

Disagree, it would be the same thing that happened with McNeil. Prohm isn't the type to try and punish a kid. And even if they tried to exclude, he could appeal and would be let out. You can't exclude transfer destinations anymore and they would let him out for the same reason.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
...but clearly can't think for yourself.

Quite the comment coming from someone who doesn't know one thing about me.

I'd call you an idiot in return too, but since I don't know you..... I'll pass.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
yes, because a kid who just said on Instagram that he hopes to only play one or two years in college wants to completely sit out a year. Seems unlikely.

also, why do we think Garza won’t go pro?

Watched a little bit of Iowa's game yesterday....and last night I watched a little bit of the NBA All-Star game.

He should stay in school.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron