Monte with a buzzer beater

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I’ll be very interested to see how his career pans out. He’s proven to be a rock solid back up pg, but you have to wonder if someone will take a shot on him being a starter. Either way, he’s going to be in the NBA for a long time.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
He's everything the Nuggets could want in a backup. Doesn't make costly mistakes. Elevates others. Is about the only nugget not to be injured in the last two seasons. He's such a good fit he's almost considered untradable for their team. They just acquired another decent backup pg and.traded him before he got.to Denver. Sad he started the season slow, but he's been rock solid since all the injuries started. Hopefully he sees a better performance in this year's playoffs! Still my all time favorite cyclone in any sport, close to buying a nuggets jersey because of him.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Miss having such a clutch player. He had that attitude didn't matter how down we were, he'd find a way to win and usually did.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Miss having such a clutch player. He had that attitude didn't matter how down we were, he'd find a way to win and usually did.
Those teams were full of them though. Georges, Naz, Matt. Hell even Burton.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I will never understand why he fell so far in the draft. The NBA pays too much attention to intangibles and metrics and forgets about basketball.

anyone with a functioning brain should have known he was going to be a great nba player.

Reactions: mj4cy