NFL: 2020 NFL Off-season Thread

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
If the NFL moves a team to London that team will SUCK. No one is going to want to sign with them. All the travel and living abroad? Hard pass.

Agree...but what if the NFLPA negotiated "large" bonuses for players who are members of that organization? I would not like it...but more money could offset the location.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
It will be interesting to see how the rules committee reacts to the mountains of negative publicity surrounding the performance of the on-field officials. As to how they can improve, I have no input.....perhaps they will look at MLB's introduction of computer umpiring behind the plate and get ideas.

Whatever happens, there has to be consistency. Subjective penalties like pass interference must drive head coaches crazy.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If the NFL moves a team to London that team will SUCK. No one is going to want to sign with them. All the travel and living abroad? Hard pass.

Logistical nightmare. I can see the NFL eventually putting a team somewhere else in North America, but overseas feels like a stretch. I can't imagine Londoners are all that excited about having their own franchise anyway - not when all they ever get are crappy Jaguar games that nobody here wants to watch anyway.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It will be interesting to see how the rules committee reacts to the mountains of negative publicity surrounding the performance of the on-field officials. As to how they can improve, I have no input.....perhaps they will look at MLB's introduction of computer umpiring behind the plate and get ideas.

Whatever happens, there has to be consistency. Subjective penalties like pass interference must drive head coaches crazy.

I wonder if they'll revisit the PI stuff again and maybe scrap the new rules and the ability to challenge them. It was a nice try, but it probably ended up causing more confusion than anything else.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I wonder if they'll revisit the PI stuff again and maybe scrap the new rules and the ability to challenge them. It was a nice try, but it probably ended up causing more confusion than anything else.

It seemed like the officiating crews viewed the rule change as a personal affront, and they (with the league's blessing) decided to react by refusing to overturn calls, even when the evidence was overwhelming. Not good for credibility.

By season's end, I think most coaches gave up throwing the red flag.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and jbindm

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Logistical nightmare. I can see the NFL eventually putting a team somewhere else in North America, but overseas feels like a stretch. I can't imagine Londoners are all that excited about having their own franchise anyway - not when all they ever get are crappy Jaguar games that nobody here wants to watch anyway.
I think they're testing the waters with these Monday Night Football games in Mexico City.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
The NFL is bound and determined to have a franchise in London, even it ends up a detriment to the league.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If the NFL insists on opening a franchise in London then they need to set up a specialized plane to take teams back and forth.
That 7-10 hour flight back has got to suck after a game.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
They've wanted Toronto for years but hold off upsetting the CFL applecart.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron