NFL: Super Bowl Saturday

Should the Super Bowl be played on Saturday?

• Yes

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
A high schooler started a petition to try and get the NFL to play the game on Saturday instead of Sunday as Saturday isnt a school night has over 30,000 signatures now.

I think playing the game on Saturday is a good idea. College football championship should be a Saturday too.

They estimate over 17 million people will call in on monday morning to take the day off.

What do you people think.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...bowl-to-saturday-has-over-30k-signatures/amp/

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think it should be on a Sunday, but it is obviously annoying.

And college football is just generally stupid with bowl scheduling. CFP games should be on NYD regardless of what the Rose Bowl wants to do. The CFP National Championship on a Monday is kind of weird but it’s been that way going back to BCS days.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think it should be on a Sunday, but it is obviously annoying.

And college football is just generally stupid with bowl scheduling. CFP games should be on NYD regardless of what the Rose Bowl wants to do. The CFP National Championship on a Monday is kind of weird but it’s been that way going back to BCS days.

I like the NYE games for CFP.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
What would they have to do on a Saturday that they might not on a Sunday? I don't see the difference. It's a big enough social event now that people would just plan around it if it was on a Saturday.
You don’t think people have other things planned for Saturday’s. More people work on Saturdays than Sundays. My niece had a dance competition on Saturday. You don’t think all that combined would hurt viewership?

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
You don’t think people have other things planned for Saturday’s. More people work on Saturdays than Sundays. My niece had a dance competition on Saturday. You don’t think all that combined would hurt viewership?

Game doesn’t start until 5:30. Plenty of time to get your **** done before then.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

My kids have had soccer and basketball on Sunday's. What's your point?