Bowen Born

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Funny how this just happened to ISU with a player a couple years ago, but so many on here refuse to acknowledge it

If something has happened once in all of time, but that first time was just a week ago, does that mean it happens more frequently?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
All I'm saying is, we're going to have a miss or two per class anyway. Who care what individual fills that roll? Kids like Terrence Lewis and Zion Griffin don't always work out. Sometimes kids like Born do. I can't explain it, I've just seen it.

Ideally you can get a kid like John Neal to walk on and then he becomes something. Clearly that ship has sailed with Born.

its ******* stupid to assume Zion is a miss. And it’s even stupider to assume born is going to be a hit.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I’ve seen him play twice. He takes a ton of shots. At one point he lead the state in field goals attempted. Won’t be able to do that in B12 play. Can’t see how he could create his own shot against high major competitors but he could develop into a decent role player.

There’s a reason he got no high major offers.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
Cyinthenorth, you do realize ISU let McNeill out of his LOI? UNI would have to do the same. Prohm and staff decided he wasn't worth it and let him go. Last I knew Darius transferred after one season on a really poor team at Cal. Letting kids out of LOI's is not very common and most of the time is due to a coaching change. I think his AAU coach got an assistant coaching job at Cal. If UNI blocked Bowen from getting out of his LOI he would have to sit out a year. If UNI thought we had some how tampered with him the NCAA would definately start sniffing around. Lets do all that for a kid that is a reach.

• Winner
Reactions: Cydkar and cyfan21

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This year.... UNI >> ISU.

Next year... UNI >>>>> ISU.

Truth hurts folks.

Not because of Bowen.

If we were going to talk about sniping a Panther, please give me A.J. Green already.

He would be a great TH replacement.

:D

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I want to preface my comment by saying I havent read every page of this thread.

Look at our class, we have three 4 star players and a 3 star with great size and potential. Who would we trade to get Born? None of them.

If a player is under 6’ in high major basketball, they must be an assist heavy PG or a once in a decade shooter. Yes, Born is prolific, but he would get lost in the trees of high major basketball.

I honestly do wish him the best of luck at UNI. I think that’s the perfect fit.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I’ve seen him play twice. He takes a ton of shots. At one point he lead the state in field goals attempted. Won’t be able to do that in B12 play. Can’t see how he could create his own shot against high major competitors but he could develop into a decent role player.

There’s a reason he got no high major offers.

Neither did Doug McDermott...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron