***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Prohm understands roster turnover. However, he has had some strange things happen. Nobody though THT would be one and done. Nobody thought Haliburton might play himself into a lottery pick after his sophomore season. He had two misses recruiting this last year. He has had some one and done transfer like Shayok. I think his recruiting has started to come around with this last class. Grill and Jackson look to be future solid contributers. We have some new freshman coming in that look to be solid. So hopefully Steve can find and X and O guy to help him with the offense and defense. Recruiting his huge in college basketball. Development and game planning is just as huge. He has the recruiting down I think. Just needs to develop and get better at gameday.
Based on what?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Didn't we want him out of high school?

Yep, I can't remember if Mario visited but did have one scheduled and believe ISU was in his top 10. Robinson was his recruiter so I am sure he still has the number if ISU wants to gadge interest.
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Mario-McKinney-98207/RecruitInterests/

one potential problem is MMck was suspended leading to the transfer, Don't believe the reason has been leaked yet.
https://missouri.rivals.com/news/mario-mckinney-to-transfer

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not that he’ll end up in Ames, but big name that will have suitors (assuming he’s medically cleared)

@jeffborzillo UCLA’s Shareef O’Neal is transferring, per the school.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Not that he’ll end up in Ames, but big name that will have suitors (assuming he’s medically cleared)

@jeffborzillo UCLA’s Shareef O’Neal is transferring, per the school.
Isn't there some knee concerns or did those clear up?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I always give freshmen 2 years, if they aren’t showing the ability to contribute during their sophomore year then I don’t expect much. Much like Naz. I like to give them a year with college coaches developing them.
I loved it when the light clicked on for Naz. I was sorry to see it doesn't happen often at ISU. Sherron Dorsey-Walker, Nkweurem Okoro, Jakolby Long, you have to think Terrence Lewis might belong in this category now, and time running a little short for Zion as well. The real sad thing is that with the group of guys that left after year 2, they went on to be duds at their next stops as well, only confirming that they were bad recruiting misses.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Coach Cal was just talking him up about how he was going to be needed as the season continued.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I always give freshmen 2 years, if they aren’t showing the ability to contribute during their sophomore year then I don’t expect much. Much like Naz. I like to give them a year with college coaches developing them.

Naz is the exception to the rule.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I loved it when the light clicked on for Naz. I was sorry to see it doesn't happen often at ISU. Sherron Dorsey-Walker, Nkweurem Okoro, Jakolby Long, you have to think Terrence Lewis might belong in this category now, and time running a little short for Zion as well. The real sad thing is that with the group of guys that left after year 2, they went on to be duds at their next stops as well, only confirming that they were bad recruiting misses.

When Naz was brought in, he was seen as a combo guard that could help at the point which we needed. Much like Jackson, both were a bit too loose with their handles to thrive at the point. When we looked at them more as 2G/SG, they thrived more as shooters, and in his redshirt senior year, Naz really developed into a slasher as people came hard respecting his J. While I like having multiple PGs on the floor if they can also score, having a bunch of combo guards on the floor without great handles is not a positive recipe for success. Having guys like Georges and Royce that can play point forward bridged the gap in years we struggled at the point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron